Faceless Lady Figurines

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
I heard a rumor that if you buy and put one of these in your luggage if it is seen the baggage handlers they will try to break them. I heard alot of people have bad luck trying to get these home in one piece. The story goes that they are broken intentionally because they (Dom Men) dont want the Dominican ladys taken out of the country. Is their any truth to this? Anyone heard anything like this before? My theory is that they are just delicate and people dont pack them well.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
A Myth

... because they (Dom Men) dont want the Dominican ladys taken out of the country. Is their any truth to this?

No.
The opposite is true.
They'd sell you their wives, aunts, sisters, primas and whatnot hoping that this would facilitate their own visa application. :bunny:

donP

Preston

Nov 13, 2011
I'd stick with your theory. Porcelain must be packed properly and protected well in order to survive the trip. I've successfully brought them, as well as full bottles of alcohol (for my connecting flight), back to the US. I surround the item in bubble wrap, pack the item inside a box, then wrap the box in more bubble wrap.

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
The story goes that they are broken intentionally because they (Dom Men) dont want the Dominican ladys taken out of the country. Is their any truth to this? Anyone heard anything like this before? My theory is that they are just delicate and people dont pack them well.

Not everything is a consipiracy!

I've "gotten them out" by wrapping them carefully.

Nov 25, 2008
First off if you know its delicate why would you put it in your luggage? I myself have brought them to the US as gifts and ALWAYS hand carried them.... let use some common sense...next why don't we start shipping our laptops inside luggage

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
I appreciate the response. I wouldnt bring it up if I didnt hear it from others. I thought it was BS, thanks for clarification.