Hello from a new member

caribeman

Dec 26, 2011
Enjoy meeting new people/cultures
Hello all. Bob here. Signed in to learn more about current DR info. Exploring a move to the island with my senior father(i am 42 and he is 73). I have lived on the north coast before. Appreciate any insights in how things may have changed or changes in costs since 06...

I am confident it will be great to be back from the US.
:nervous:
B

jameshoff

Nov 18, 2011
Hello Bob weclome to dr1!! I can't really give you any insight to how things have changed in the DR, I've been travelling there for years now but I will amit that most of my time was spent at the AI's and the last few trips to the Punta Cana area, which we all now is pretty much all tourism. All I can say is hang tight and I'm sure you'll get your answers. If you seach through some of the older posts there's some really good ones about costs and changes.

Goodluck James

caribeman

Dec 26, 2011
Enjoy meeting new people/cultures
James,

Thanks. Yes. Punta Cana is beautiful but.. the budget of pops and I fit the north coast i think better.. Hoping to find a small, rural kinda feel type place. He is former retired military and is not the least bit worried about taking off with me to a new journey. i do notice there has been Americanization...which to me is not a good thing.. but hey.. I like the beauty of the country and the people - thus we are coming back.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Welcome to dr1. The great thing about the Dominican Republic is that there is something for almost anyone. You will have no trouble finding "a small, rural kinda feel type place" once you are here and able to explore. There are lots of places here that are not tourist centers.

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
Take a good look at Cabrera. Dad will love it. Maybe you too! Safe, quiet life style.
Myrna