Mosquito nets

sbsuib

Apr 13, 2006
I have a student who is writing a grant to win mosquito nets foir malaria prevention in the Dominican Republic. He needs to knw specifics about what size is best, is there a cheap distributor in the country, how they are hung etc
Can anyone help - thanls

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I think they're pretty much one size in DR, and the only ones I've seen in DR stores are the rectangular ones that have extensions from the corners that have to be fastened to the walls. They're awkward and unsightly, IMO. We bought ours on eBay, paid about $8 including shipping, it hangs from a small hook in the ceiling, then there's a circular ring, and the net falls around the bed. One size fits up to queen size beds. Not sure about king size. Everyone who sees ours wants one. You can get them in white or colors, with and without appliques.

The cheapest one on eBay right now is $5.19 delivered: Insect Bed Canopy Netting Curtain Mosquito Net White | eBay

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Maybe someone can go to La Sirena and check them out. They come in all sizes, from Crib to King. And yes, they are hung form four nails on the walls. (I had one of those round ones, eeeh? Didn't last long.) They are dirt cheap, that is for sure.

HB