Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Stomach medicine name?

Can anyone give me the proper name for the two dose anti amoeba tablets?

They come in a blister pack -- orange pack, i think--

to kill whatever it is that has taken up residence in my intestines since Noche Buena?

Of course.. it may be a residual from the small pulpo who swam through my head in Sept

doctor had to wash him out -- along with his five grains of sand that he had moved in with!!

happy new year

a
    todo/as

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i think you may mean zentel? contains albendazole. standard deparasitante. a packet of zentel should be taken in the evening, may cause slight stomach pain. then another packet a week later. should be repeated every six months, just like you'd do with cats and dogs.
    costs about 100 pesos. alternatively you may buy oxarmin, a dominican version of the same. half the price.

3. Likes mountainannie liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's CIPROFLOXACINA 500MG? Take one in the morning, another 8 hours later, providing you only drink water and eat either PLAIN bread or a PLAIN Jacket potato, this may do the trick.
    Hope you feel better soon.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

THANKS the Zentel was the stuff I was looking for

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mountainannie View Post
    THANKS the Zentel was the stuff I was looking for
    Flagyl (metronidazol) is more commonly used. However, these antibiotics can wreak havoc with your intestinal flora and cause even more serious problems. For intestinal parasites I recommend first trying out natural medicine, for example, toasted and crushed seeds from, for example, papaya, mango, auyama, two tablespoons in a glass of water or juice, twice a day, for two weeks. Does the job around here!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there any that you all know about for children who can't yet swallow tablets?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny429 View Post
    Is there any that you all know about for children who can't yet swallow tablets?
    There is a suspension of Albendazole. I do not know the trade name.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

zentel comes in suspension, 128 pesos. una sola toma, or in other words - one bottle, one portion. oxarmin has kids version too. and there is also generic albendaloze, 50 pesos per one small bottle.
    kids version is the same as for an adult, in an essence. the same dose, only in liquid. older kids only.
    there are plenty of meds for smaller children but personally i never sell anything without doctor's orders.

i only wanted to say one thing: antibiotics are shi**y but it is better than having parasites. parasites can kill.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think cipro and flagyl should be taken as one or two dose meds.... need to complete a complete course or the bugs will become resistant.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Flagyl (metronidazol) is more commonly used. However, these antibiotics can wreak havoc with your intestinal flora and cause even more serious problems. For intestinal parasites I recommend first trying out natural medicine, for example, toasted and crushed seeds from, for example, papaya, mango, auyama, two tablespoons in a glass of water or juice, twice a day, for two weeks. Does the job around here!
    What seems to work for my wife, the perennial patient, is grapefruit seed extract.
    Asa for Flagyl, yhe cure is as bad as the problem - not to mention no drinking during the treatment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast