Stomach medicine name?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Can anyone give me the proper name for the two dose anti amoeba tablets?

They come in a blister pack -- orange pack, i think--

to kill whatever it is that has taken up residence in my intestines since Noche Buena?

Of course.. it may be a residual from the small pulpo who swam through my head in Sept

doctor had to wash him out -- along with his five grains of sand that he had moved in with!!

happy new year

a
todo/as:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think you may mean zentel? contains albendazole. standard deparasitante. a packet of zentel should be taken in the evening, may cause slight stomach pain. then another packet a week later. should be repeated every six months, just like you'd do with cats and dogs.
costs about 100 pesos. alternatively you may buy oxarmin, a dominican version of the same. half the price.

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
Maybe it's CIPROFLOXACINA 500MG? Take one in the morning, another 8 hours later, providing you only drink water and eat either PLAIN bread or a PLAIN Jacket potato, this may do the trick.
Hope you feel better soon.

Jul 4, 2010
THANKS the Zentel was the stuff I was looking for

Flagyl (metronidazol) is more commonly used. However, these antibiotics can wreak havoc with your intestinal flora and cause even more serious problems. For intestinal parasites I recommend first trying out natural medicine, for example, toasted and crushed seeds from, for example, papaya, mango, auyama, two tablespoons in a glass of water or juice, twice a day, for two weeks. Does the job around here!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
zentel comes in suspension, 128 pesos. una sola toma, or in other words - one bottle, one portion. oxarmin has kids version too. and there is also generic albendaloze, 50 pesos per one small bottle.
kids version is the same as for an adult, in an essence. the same dose, only in liquid. older kids only.
there are plenty of meds for smaller children but personally i never sell anything without doctor's orders.

i only wanted to say one thing: antibiotics are shi**y but it is better than having parasites. parasites can kill.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
I don't think cipro and flagyl should be taken as one or two dose meds.... need to complete a complete course or the bugs will become resistant.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Flagyl (metronidazol) is more commonly used. However, these antibiotics can wreak havoc with your intestinal flora and cause even more serious problems. For intestinal parasites I recommend first trying out natural medicine, for example, toasted and crushed seeds from, for example, papaya, mango, auyama, two tablespoons in a glass of water or juice, twice a day, for two weeks. Does the job around here!

What seems to work for my wife, the perennial patient, is grapefruit seed extract.
Asa for Flagyl, yhe cure is as bad as the problem - not to mention no drinking during the treatment:angry:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
flagyl and cipro are antibiotics, zentel is not. therefore one dosis only. granted, worms and parasites can develope resistance to that as welll.
antibiotics should be taken in full treatment, i agree.

Lolitula

Mar 16, 2011
Ohhhh Flagyl is horrific! :) Does the trick but wooooo it's awful!
I took Cipro and it worked on the ameobas. I hope you're ok now!

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003

I have had the revenge of the Aztecs and the Mayans, which required Flagyl

Evidently, the Tainos are not so angry with me

Think I just had too many strong cappucinos out over the holidays

feeling much better... but still weak enough to sit around and sloth in front of the TV

glorious...

happy new year to all!

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
guess the Tainos were more upset than I thought. Or, more likely, I have been attacked by the Arawaks. Finished a four day course of an Argentine drug called Entero Bacicel.. from the fancy French chemist in Las Terrenas. She now insists on a test before the next drug .. but since my French friends come to the Capital for this test, saying that the amoebas live on the microscope here.. I will go get the Zentel..which I did not do.. stupid me.. DR1ers ate the smartest team in the house..

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i do not get it. zentel is only a preventative medicine. if symptoms still continue after entero bacticel you should take the poo test to see what you have.