Good morning, Chevrolet

whiddons

Dec 19, 2010
Good morning, any recommendations for a mechanic familiar with Chevrolets. Specifically later model Equinox AWD. There are no issues with the truck but I'd like to take it to one good mechanic for all maintenance and potential issues. Puerto Plata area is preferred, Santiago is a secondary option.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Good morning, any recommendations for a mechanic familiar with Chevrolets. Specifically later model Equinox AWD. There are no issues with the truck but I'd like to take it to one good mechanic for all maintenance and potential issues. Puerto Plata area is preferred, Santiago is a secondary option.

I have just purchased myself a 2005 Equinox LT (which is an AWD model). The mechanic who serviced it prior to my purchase (it was he in fact that introduced me to the previous owner) will continue to service it as I have been with him for the last 12 years. He is called MAX & his garage/taller premises are just off 27th de Febrero in Puerto Plata (very near to Tropical supermarket & just down the street from the Bon Ice-cream parlour). IF you live in Puerto Plata, he is amenable to picking it up & delivering after work is completed. He also speaks very good American English as he was trained in the US.

His cellular number is 829 717 7148 - You can tell him I recommended him to you but if you need a personal introduction or being taken there a first time, just PM or e-Mail me. ~ Grahame.

Feb 7, 2007
Chryscar in Santo Domingo deals in all American brands. Their strength is Chrysler brands (Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler) with which they started, but couple of years ago they started working on other US brands as well. This is the best as an independent mechanic for US brands you can get in the DR, apart from the "casas" (dealers) which will charge you through the roof. Their "taller" is always packed with cars, and while you wait for a several hour job to be completed on your car, you see many people dropping vehicles or coming for checkups. That speaks of their quality.

These guys are professional, US trained and certified mechanics, work with "repair manuals" and not just by "having a look" and I have been so far very satisfied with their work. They charge more than a "street mechanic", but much less than a "casa" (dealer). They can also get a hold of parts for you, if necessary.
Tel. 809-599-5839
Rony (one of the owners) 809-886-8181 (cell).

whiddons

Dec 19, 2010
I have just purchased myself a 2005 Equinox LT (which is an AWD model). The mechanic who serviced it prior to my purchase (it was he in fact that introduced me to the previous owner) will continue to service it as I have been with him for the last 12 years. He is called MAX & his garage/taller premises are just off 27th de Febrero in Puerto Plata (very near to Tropical supermarket & just down the street from the Bon Ice-cream parlour). IF you live in Puerto Plata, he is amenable to picking it up & delivering after work is completed. He also speaks very good American English as he was trained in the US.

His cellular number is 829 717 7148 - You can tell him I recommended him to you but if you need a personal introduction or being taken there a first time, just PM or e-Mail me. ~ Grahame.

Thank you, this is a good referral. i have an 07 thats really basically the same as an 05, so he'll be familiar with it. Thanks