long rental apartment studio in cabarete?

dddavid

Aug 3, 2011
Hi
I'm looking for a little apartment/studio just for me to rent for a long period like 3 - 6 months
but checking on line i only find short rentals for vacation and prices (very high)
for days or weeks and overall in luxury condos or villas.
I was told that cabarete was a budget place to kite surf with cheap 1bedroom apartment at 300 usd and living was less expensive than other places like las terrenas, so probably i'm not looking in the right websites.
I'd like to stay there for a while so i would appreciate if anyone could suggest a place, a contact or a website.
Thanks

Gordon

Jan 24, 2011
I am not so sure Las Terrenas is more expensive than Cabarete. I do not have a scientific comparison and it could be more expensive if you haunt the tourist areas but perhaps not for long termers. You have to know where to go. I went to the capital to do some shopping and was surprised to find that many prices were the same for many hardware items. The better access is making it easier to be competitive now. I visited Cabarete and found the restaurants pricey for my budget and places to stay very noisy so I did not stay long.

The kite surfing I see in LT looks like pretty good sailing to the untrained eye and Coson is catching the attention of new surfers. There are some quiet units here where I live back from the beach that are intended for long term tenants. PM me if you are interested in reasonably priced units in LT for long term rent. 12 months is better.

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Yes but Cabarete is much better for kitesurf than LT, especially if one wishes to stay long term. Financially, I think LT and Cabarete are quite equal...

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
You can find something for 300/mo but it won't be on the beach, air-conditioned or have a website. There are nice studios in Ocean Dream but they are 700/mo and up.

Buster1

Mar 25, 2009
rentals

Most rentals are around 600 US per month in the Cabarete area or 300 Us per week

Gordon

Jan 24, 2011
$600 a month with a min three month lease?. what would that include? TV, housekeeping, wifi, electric and hot water?

Note: We sell rental ads on DR1. http://dr1.com/rentals/

Last edited by a moderator:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
$600 a month with a min three month lease?. what would that include? TV, housekeeping, wifi, electric and hot water?

I am offering around $800 a month in Las Terrenas including elect and gas and housekeeping is negotiable. Seem to have lots of interest at that level. smaller units will be available starting at $350 a mo plus utilities

Here is an example:

Cabarete : Dominican Republic Rentals : Apartment For Rent

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
In case some of you had forgot, this thread is about Cabarete! So either address the OP's question, or flick your brain into read only mode :)