Here is a long shot question, anyone want to rent me their car for 3 months, or

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Here is a long shot question, anyone want to rent me their car for 3 months, or know where I can get a decent lease on a 3 month rental.. Car will be used for short trips in and around the Bavaro area, two or three times a week. Jan 7 to mid April...

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
Doesn't the liability issue worry anyone? Or am I misinformed that in case of accident, the owner of the car is legally responsible, rather than the driver?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Just so you know,his drivers license is only good for 60 days after entering the country.
No license,no insurance.
NEVER a good idea to rent/loan your vehicle in any country,worse idea here.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
Just so you know,his drivers license is only good for 60 days after entering the country.
No license,no insurance.
NEVER a good idea to rent/loan your vehicle in any country,worse idea here.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I was told that one's driver's license was good here, as long as one returned to country of issue at least every 6 months. This was if one has a DR Residency card. If this is incorrect, then we need to get a DR license ASAP!

But perhaps you are referring to someone here only with a tourist visa or card?

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Unless the renter has a safe, secure, place to lock it up at night--like inside a gated community or inside a garage--one would have to be "Insane" to rent out a car for an extended period of time...especially if the renter has never driven on this island at night, or and has never driven in Santo Domingo, Santiago, or anywhere where the manhole covers have been removed, etc.

I would have to say, for someone to take this chance, they would either A.) need their head examined, B.) are in possession of a beat-up, piece of crap car that barely runs, or C.) are themselves new to the country and don't know any better, or D.) are not from this planet. How else are you going to rent a car to someone you don't know?

How about if the renter hits and kills someone...like the thousands of people driving around at night without lights?