Thread: Here is a long shot question, anyone want to rent me their car for 3 months, or

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Here is a long shot question, anyone want to rent me their car for 3 months, or

Here is a long shot question, anyone want to rent me their car for 3 months, or know where I can get a decent lease on a 3 month rental.. Car will be used for short trips in and around the Bavaro area, two or three times a week. Jan 7 to mid April...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't the liability issue worry anyone? Or am I misinformed that in case of accident, the owner of the car is legally responsible, rather than the driver?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Just so you know,his drivers license is only good for 60 days after entering the country.
    No license,no insurance.
    NEVER a good idea to rent/loan your vehicle in any country,worse idea here.
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

4. Likes frank12, Bronxboy, CaptnGlenn liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post
    Just so you know,his drivers license is only good for 60 days after entering the country.
    No license,no insurance.
    NEVER a good idea to rent/loan your vehicle in any country,worse idea here.
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
    I was told that one's driver's license was good here, as long as one returned to country of issue at least every 6 months. This was if one has a DR Residency card. If this is incorrect, then we need to get a DR license ASAP!

But perhaps you are referring to someone here only with a tourist visa or card?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

alot happens in 3 months.be careful.never leave the car overnight in the street.have fun.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless the renter has a safe, secure, place to lock it up at night--like inside a gated community or inside a garage--one would have to be "Insane" to rent out a car for an extended period of time...especially if the renter has never driven on this island at night, or and has never driven in Santo Domingo, Santiago, or anywhere where the manhole covers have been removed, etc.

I would have to say, for someone to take this chance, they would either A.) need their head examined, B.) are in possession of a beat-up, piece of crap car that barely runs, or C.) are themselves new to the country and don't know any better, or D.) are not from this planet. How else are you going to rent a car to someone you don't know?

How about if the renter hits and kills someone...like the thousands of people driving around at night without lights?