Jarabacoa???

mekkizm

Jun 1, 2004
On a recent trip a family frind drove me to a place in Jarabacoa that was AWESOME but I cant recall the name of it and would LOVE to return... Maybe if I explain it a bit someone can help me out here...

Ok, so the place has a skinny metal bridge that crosses you over to a kinda bar/club/restuarant where theres a balcony overlooking a man made kinda natural pool, on either side you have rocks with cascading water and its a spot where the locals hang out... No expensive and very chill.. HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
On a recent trip a family frind drove me to a place in Jarabacoa that was AWESOME but I cant recall the name of it and would LOVE to return... Maybe if I explain it a bit someone can help me out here...

Ok, so the place has a skinny metal bridge that crosses you over to a kinda bar/club/restuarant where theres a balcony overlooking a man made kinda natural pool, on either side you have rocks with cascading water and its a spot where the locals hang out... No expensive and very chill.. HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Could be the Jarabacoa River Club?
Google Earth: Lat. 19? 5'34.91"N Long: 70?39'59.93"W

S.W. of the town of Jarabacoa on Calle Obdulio Jimenez. W. of Barrio San Jose and N.W. of Brisas de Mogote. Google Earth has some photos posted of the place.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
At the rear of the Gran Jimenoa there is a small bridge that crosses the river to a bar and spa....could that be it?

DSC00521.jpgDSC00527.jpg

Preston

Nov 13, 2011

Mekkizm,

Based on the info you provided, I'd have to agree with Ringo and Frank: it's the Jarabacoa River Club!

Preston

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
whats " the pinar camado" (sp?).... Sorry I have no idea..:eek:

Pinar Camado is the name of the area that a disco along the river is located, according to my wife who is originally from Jarabacoa. We saw an act called Krispy there some years ago. We just don't recall what it is called. You reach it by going over a metal bridge. The locals will hang out in the water. We did a cookout there a few years ago. Others have said that they believe the name is the Jarabacoa River Club.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
My guess is it's the Vista del Yaque, about 5-7 miles outside Jarabacoa on the way to Manabao. The facilities are on the distal side of the suspension bridge. The parking lot is on the road side. There are 2-3 colmados/drinking places along the road. It's very popular with the non-moneyed Dominicans, and there is a village behind it. It's interesting to see folks ride/walk motos across the bridge.

It's recognizable by the white paint on the distal bank's concrete retaining wall with the stones painted green...

mekkizm

Jun 1, 2004
My guess is it's the Vista del Yaque, about 5-7 miles outside Jarabacoa on the way to Manabao. The facilities are on the distal side of the suspension bridge. The parking lot is on the road side. There are 2-3 colmados/drinking places along the road. It's very popular with the non-moneyed Dominicans, and there is a village behind it. It's interesting to see folks ride/walk motos across the bridge.

It's recognizable by the white paint on the distal bank's concrete retaining wall with the stones painted green...

THATS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you very very much... I had such a great time there...