Golfing Near Sousa

tappers

Jul 15, 2011
Greetings Folks,

We are a party of "3" "hackers", two ladies early 60's and one man, mid 50's. Can you provide some input/feedback on some "Affordable" golf courses near Sousa, for us folks who don't have a $1,000 to drop on a days golf?

Preferably something close to the water if possible so we can enjoy the ocean when golfing. We will need to rent a cart and clubs.

Also, when is the course the "least" busy?

Thanks folks!

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
The best and closest option is the Playa Dorada course about 20 minutes from Sosua. The course is in good shape after the rains, cart and caddy mandatory but it is not a budget breaker. Bring balls, tees, gloves, etc as they are expensive. Rental clubs have seen better days but are available. The course passes the beach but you can't take a swim during the round. It is a fun round of golf.

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
I agree with the Playa Grande suggestion. Something like 13 of 18 holes are on the ocean. Very nice course. It is about a one hour drive. I would think a cab would be less then $200 return but it is a very nice drive. You will enjoy the scenery.
The club rentals were not great when I was there but it was still very enjoyable.
It was not busy "at all" the day I was there.

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
I am not sure of the cost as WW pointed out. I had a pretty steep discount thanks to BushBaby.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
W.W. is right, especially since the OP needs to also rent clubs. Play a round at P.D. (approx. 25 minutes from Sosua). Play early and after you can enjoy a great Dominican lunch overlooking the 18th hole. And if you really want to be next to the ocean, hook your t-shot on #7 (par 3) and enjoy a few moments sitting on the beach while enjoying the view of the ocean.;)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Presently, I'm off island so I do not know the PG status except to say that old hotel has been demolished and new construction is underway.

The new work calls for the back nine to be altered/re-routed... whether that has begun, I cannot say yet.

I'll know more next week and will report back.

The "new world" of Playa Grande is coming... what it holds is still a question.