Looking for a job for a friend in Santiago

jasonecherry

Jan 3, 2012
My friend is a recent college graduate with a degree in psychology. She has worked with one firm while in school but she needs a job now. She graduated with honors. She needs to work and is will to take any respectable job in her field, or anything else, besides go-go dancer. I hope someone can lead her to an interview.

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
My friend is a recent college graduate with a degree in psychology. She has worked with one firm while in school but she needs a job now. She graduated with honors. She needs to work and is will to take any respectable job in her field, or anything else, besides go-go dancer. I hope someone can lead her to an interview.

I don't know about the DR. But in the USA, people are being taken for a ride with "degrees". Because there, baccalaureate degrees in Psychology are worth the same as ones in Transgender Studies, Comparative Religious Studies, Journalism, Literature, English, Philosophy, Political "Science" and so on......unless going on for a PhD, worthless. And even then, you aren't valuable to anyone outside accademia and you have to wait for someone with tenure to die. And how much time and money does that take to get that low paying job?? A rip off of our young IMO.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
A degree in English is never useless. To be able speak and write correct English are important skills that many " educated" people seem to be lacking.

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
A degree in English is never useless. To be able speak and write correct English are important skills that many " educated" people seem to be lacking.

I see your point. But a "degree" in English is not necessary to be able to to speak nor write correctly. All native English speakers that graduate from a college/university should have those abilities. Actually, all high school graduates should or else stay a bit longer. But I agree that many graduates of both these days do not.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
She graduated from Universidad Dominicana O y M.

Unfortunately it's a low end UNI, nothing special.
The chances of her finding a "real" job in psychology are almost zero.

I suggest she starts hustling family and friends for a job.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
What sort of real jobs are there in psychology? The only things I can think of would be for her to set up her own practice or get a job as a counsellor at a private school.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Robert has certainly spelled it out. The degree is fairly worthless at this point, so she should try pursue a graduate degree some place else. Like Argentina, Spain, or even the US if she has the English.

Why? O & M is a for profit uni, and it is poorly staffed and poorly managed. The quality of the education received in way below what could be earned at INTEC, UNPHU, APEC, UNIBE or PUCMM. These are the graduates that will be contesting for the best jobs. so get her a graduate degree from some place...push her...

HB

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Or she can specialize in gringos that marry Dominicans and decide to ......never mind. Does call center medical ins. cover mental health.