Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is my best bet from Costambar to Sosua?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What is my best bet from Costambar to Sosua?

I know there is a union or "mafia" of taxis that have fixed higher prices from Costambar directly to Sosua, and I have experienced having a taxi surrounded and being told that only "their" taxis could transport me during a previous trip. Would I save some money if I were to have the driver drop me off in nearby Puerto Plata at the Caribe Tours station and take Techni Taxi from there to Sosua or would it end up being a waste of time. Thank you to all in advance!!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I had that happen to me too. Next time I would go down to the main road and catch a publico or guagua.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

anng3, I would do that, but I will have a few pieces of luggage with me.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe reconsider the amount of luggage you need. If I ever go back there that's what I am going to do.
    Just need shorts, bathing suit, shirts and umbrella in case of rain. The water sports center at Tropical
    does 1/2 day snorkel trips where they van people to Casa Marina. You might be able to ask them if you could
    catch a ride with them.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I will be in several different areas of the countries prior to that including Santiago so I will have to pack more luggage. If it were up to me I would pack as lightly as possible, but that isn't going to happen on this trip.

Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

take a cab from costambar to metro or caribe. both metro buses and caribe tours go to sosua (caribe more frequently). when in sosua you can take another cab.
    or have a costambar taxi drop you off in front of a hospital where you can get a POP-sosua public car. give them extra 100 pespos and they will take you to whatever destination in sosua (they normally end in one spot, next to playero).

7. Likes PeterInBrat liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jbars View Post
    I will be in several different areas of the countries prior to that including Santiago so I will have to pack more luggage. If it were up to me I would pack as lightly as possible, but that isn't going to happen on this trip.
    Women and their luggage!

One does not go without the other.

And yet they still look for small miracles in travel! Lol

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you know it's not a man carrying all his dress clothes and shoes to hit the clubs?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

What is the fixxed price for the trip? Seems like alot of logistics to save 20 bucks or so.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

You could always hitch a ride into town with a local - with the price of gas these days we could always do with a few pesos towards the cost ...

12. Likes Jumbo, anng3 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast