Sending a range hood grease extractor (boxed)

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
I purchased a range hood grease extractor that weighs about 50lbs. The box is about 18x18x28. My question is should I tell the shipper what is inside the box? Would they charge me more if they knew what was in the box? Sometimes these shippers ship a box for like $65 but they tell you that it has to contain food (cans, etc).

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Just like the US Post Office,"If It Fits,It Ships"!
I don't want to tell you what I have shipped in those boxes!
Just say "Abanico","FAN".
I see no reason to not be able to send a "Range Hood",but why didn't you just buy one here?
I Did.
It's just a light fixture,nice adornment here.Dominicans don't use range hoods,but the stainless steel matches the stove.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
CC, thanks for the help. How much did you pay for that? Does it have a flute (chimney)?

Just like the US Post Office,"If It Fits,It Ships"!
I don't want to tell you what I have shipped in those boxes!
Just say "Abanico","FAN".
I see no reason to not be able to send a "Range Hood",but why didn't you just buy one here?
I Did.
It's just a light fixture,nice adornment here.Dominicans don't use range hoods,but the stainless steel matches the stove.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
No "Chimney",which is what you really need.
Dominicans use only one setting when the cook,"HIGH"!
The grease coats everything in the kitchen.
They are very good at cleaning,and see no reason to try and control the grease,but just keep on cleaning.
Whenever I say "I Bought It",I really mean,"I Paid For It"!
It just showed up one day,and I "installed" it.
Whenever I say, "I Installed,Built,Painted,Fixed,Cleaned,Cut down,Planted,or ANYTHING involving "Labor",I really mean "I PAID" to have it "DONE"!
In a "Perfect World",my kitchen would have a professional kitchen grease extractor,vented to my neighbor's yard.

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
No "Chimney",which is what you really need.
Dominicans use only one setting when the cook,"HIGH"!
The grease coats everything in the kitchen.
They are very good at cleaning,and see no reason to try and control the grease,but just keep on cleaning.
Whenever I say "I Bought It",I really mean,"I Paid For It"!
It just showed up one day,and I "installed" it.
Whenever I say, "I Installed,Built,Painted,Fixed,Cleaned,Cut down,Planted,or ANYTHING involving "Labor",I really mean "I PAID" to have it "DONE"!
In a "Perfect World",my kitchen would have a professional kitchen grease extractor,vented to my neighbor's yard.
LOL. Is that the neighbor that "borrowed" your electricity for a while?

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
Be sure to notify pi2 when you install the grease extractor. He will certainly want to recycle the grease for cooking purposes.
Hell, he might save enough on cooking oil that he might front the shipping bill for you.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
YES! Lisa,the one,and only!
I did have the exhaust from my huge,black,smokey diesel generator pointed into his yard.
Sometimes I let it run a few hours extra just to PI$$ him off.But only when the breeze is "RIGHT"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC