How can a Dominican get a Visa to Canada

N

Neicy

A friend of mine recently married a Dominican and now they want to travel to Canada and are having a difficult time. Has anyone been through this process before and know the current laws for getting a visitor's visa to Canada.

J

Joachim

I myself am married to a Dominican woman, applied for a visitor's visa, apparently when a couple are invovled the dont tell you but turn them all down. They feel that once she is here she will circumvent the immigration process and want to remain in Canada.

My advice to you is to apply for her to immigrate to Canada, then she can have her landed papers after a period of 6-18 months. I have many friends who are in the same boat. Believe me if you ask them a leaky boat indeed.

E

Eddy

Good Luck. I have friends married to Dominicans that had to wait for more than 3 years. Dominican track records (Husbands-Wives) are not to good in the US or Canada. I guess the good have to pay for the bad.

J

JJ

Hi there.

I am not telling you my real name, but do not worry about that.
I am a dominican man married to a canuck girl. I am living in Hamilton at the moment and will be honest with you.

I first applied to come to visit her here and I had a good job in the DR and money in bank, property and so on. I had not intention of staying here at that time. Bu they refused me. A the time were not married.
We then got married in the DR, applied for a visitor visa a year later and got it. So I came and stayed and then apply for the landed paper. But it me a least 18 months to get and you can well imagen the type of life I had during that time. Doing nothing in this wonderful country and on top being a professional. Our relantionship almost ended because I was going back. Thanks god I did not. Finally I got the papers and here I am.

You should know that if you guys are legally married and have been living together they cannot refuse her/him a visit to come and visit. It is not legal.
Now, in order to stay I would sponson her/him to come as a landed immigrant and avoid the hard time waiting here. I figured it is much better to in the DR than here.

Good luck

T

trina

E-mail me directly

I am married to a Dominican man, he should be here within the next 2 weeks with his Right of Landing Visa. We have a network of friends here in Canada, who've all been through the same thing. Some are still waiting, some husbands are already here. The process has taken me about 7 months, and the visa has been granted in Haiti (all visas for the Dominican go through Haiti), it is being sent to Santo Domingo tomorrow, and then Santo Domingo just has to sign the papers.

E

Eddy

Re: E-mail me directly

Hi Trina. Glad to hear the good news. Does that mean no more visits or chocolate cake?

T

trina

Of course, Eddy, real soon! Hopefully, around June 23-30, but have to wait until Angel has the papers in his hand. Let's make it a date!

E

Eddy

OK that's a date. Check my post concerning your trip to Haiti. Good Luck.