Call Centers Summer Job

DRUS

Jan 6, 2012
Hello, I'm an American young adult who lives in the city of Santo Domingo and I want to work for a translation and interpretation call center in Santo Domingo this summer 2012. Can any of you tell me some call centers in SD that offer summer jobs?

EverythingJeff

Oct 31, 2010
www.facebook.com
There is a Call Center call Language Line that does this, but all I know is the name.

Default | Stream Global Services is one of the top 3 call center employers here. They don't do translation/interpretation, but inbound tech support. I know its not your area, but its a typical call center environment and you can just quit when your ready to move on.

I don't know anyone that offers "summer jobs"

BabyBlu

Jan 20, 2004
Language Line is in the Zona Franca San Isidro, and you have to have a cedula to be hired, so if you don't have your residency that is out. Also, none of the call centers will hire you if you tell them that you need the job just for the summer..

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
There is a new company recently set up in SI in the cap, they deal in FLT parts, distribution and installation. They are offering a good package with a real wage for the right candidate but you must be fluent in English and Spanish, it isn't call centre, it is customer service and secretarial and P/A duties, last I was talking to the boss he was even offering a Co/Car. It is a real opportunity to make a proper income rather than the usual Stream, Hugo, and all that fly by night stuff.
I doubt they would employ you if you were not showing willing to get involved in the company long term, certainly not for a summer period only, but if you were looking for a career then there may be a chance. Many people profess to speak fluent Spanish and English, but when it gets down to talking parts and technical they fall flat on their faces and so fluent does mean, fluent.
You will beable to find them if you have any half decent research skills, if you fail after a few days to still come up blind drop me a line, I'll hook you up.