Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default You want to die in dominican republic ?

Hola all residents.

I love the DR. I live here for about 9 years. My spouse and I are very happy and we live in Santiago.
    We bought a solar and ¨we¨ will build a nice villa with pool. We are fully integrated, speak spanish and have friends all over the social-cultural level. The sky is blue.
    But : when I ask myself if i want to die here in the Dominican Republic, ther answer is ¨no¨.

So, what are your feelings about this question ?

Sincerely, Hiram.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont want to Die anywhere, personally.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with Badpiece, but if that concerns you just rent so that when you're old enough to consider death you can just leave.

4. Likes waytogo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you consider death so much as it considers you...haha.

My feelings are that I don't even think about where I will die, just live in the present. Maybe I'll have a different perspective in 30-40 years.

Seems like people would want to die at "home"; for some, for many reasons, "home" is the DR, while for others "home" will always be back where they came from.

6. Likes Softail, DominiRican, frank12 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HIRAM View Post
    Hola all residents.

I love the DR. I live here for about 9 years. My spouse and I are very happy and we live in Santiago.
    We bought a solar and ¨we¨ will build a nice villa with pool. We are fully integrated, speak spanish and have friends all over the social-cultural level. The sky is blue.
    But : when I ask myself if i want to die here in the Dominican Republic, ther answer is ¨no¨.

So, what are your feelings about this question ?

Sincerely, Hiram.
    If you feel strongly about this, better leave now. Few have the opportunity to pick the time and place of their death.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Double post.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badpiece33 View Post
    I dont want to Die anywhere, personally.
    I tend to agree,
    with all that transpired last Father's Day, when I had a massive stroke (almost died), I certainly do not want to go through that again, TPA Clot buster that worked(65% do not work) and back on my feet in a few days, followed by major surgery (carotid endarterectomy ) and now I am almost back to normal.

Carotid Endarterectomy | Internet Stroke Center

I will do all I can to pass death by.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm ok with dying here...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Why not die here?! When you are dead- you are dead. It dosent matter were your body is rotting, you are not around to enjoy it more anyway.

I rather enjoy life while i can, and let those fanatical religous locos worry about if they are welcome into uncle jesus`s very empty heaven.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

In all honesty, I've considered the possibility that I might become seriously ill, or have a heart attack/stroke in DR, because we are there months at a time - and it scares me. Because we don't live in SD or Santiago near anything resembling a great hospital/clinic, it's a real possibility that if that happens to one of us, we will die there before reaching SD.

However, like minerva_feliz, I like to live one day at a time, and not dwell on what 'could be'. I'm a bit of a fatalist too, so I figure I should just enjoy my life as it comes, because none of us know when our time is up.

And let's face it, when it happens, who cares where it is???

Administrator
    DR1.com

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast