Do they exchange GBP / ? in DR?!

imfromda305

Dec 9, 2011
So before one would say: WHAT A DUMB QUESTION!

It ain't, I went to Suriname last summer and nowhere, not even all the banks accepted ?.

I got $, ? and ? and I rather get rid of my ? first so I was wondering if they exchange ? or only $ and ?.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
If they do, the rate will be unfavourable. US$ and euros are a much safer bet.

santo1

May 1, 2011
Much better to change your ? for $ then to rd pesos,been doing it that way for 9 years.

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
There is a place inside a building on El Conde that will change any type of currency for you. Last time I was there, I noted that they had posted the exchange rate for US dollars, Canadian dollars, euros, pounds, rubles, gourdes, and a couple of others that I did not recognize. They also have the best rates. It's in the building more or less across El Conde from Pizzarelli Pizza.

(Given that I'm going there tomorrow, I'll see if I can get better directions if you are in Santo Domingo. Send me a pm if you want. Otherwise, I'll try to remember to post on here.)

imfromda305

Dec 9, 2011
There is a place inside a building on El Conde that will change any type of currency for you. Last time I was there, I noted that they had posted the exchange rate for US dollars, Canadian dollars, euros, pounds, rubles, gourdes, and a couple of others that I did not recognize. They also have the best rates. It's in the building more or less across El Conde from Pizzarelli Pizza.

(Given that I'm going there tomorrow, I'll see if I can get better directions if you are in Santo Domingo. Send me a pm if you want. Otherwise, I'll try to remember to post on here.)

Thanks, but I think I'm just gonna switch it to $. It's accepted everywhere.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Thanks, but I think I'm just gonna switch it to $. It's accepted everywhere.

The only currency accepted everywhere is the Peso.

The BP is today about 58.3 to one peso, the US Dollar 38.6 to one Peso. You can change BPS anywhere you can change dollars, it is not a big deal. And the dollar is NOT accepted everywhere. It can be changed at every cambio but is not accepted everywhere.

You will need $10 USD to enter the country and $20 USD to exit unless it is in your ticket.