Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Santiago to Puerto Plata

Hey everyone. I am arriving in DR tomorrow night at 845pm at Santiago airport. My resort is Lifestyle Holiday Vacation Club in Puerto Plata. Can anyone give me advice on what's the easiest way to get there? I have heart that Caribe tours is a good option? That is a bus, correct? Would they take me directly to my resort? Please advise!!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Caribe tours is not an option at 845 pm. Your only real choice is a Taxi for $100 USD. Plenty of cabs outside of customs, agree on the rate before leaving STI.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe the last Caribe Tours' bus from Santiago to Puerto Plata is 7PM. Metro Tours' last bus is 9:15PM. You can't make that either. Both would require a taxi from airport to terminal and a taxi from terminal to hotel. You need to either stay overnight in Santiago or hire a taxi. Taxi should be in the $100-$120 range. Do a search for drivers who have been recommended on this site. I wouldn't recommend renting a car for a first trip in the dark.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Ask the hotel if they provide transportation. Otherwise as others have said, taxi is the only option.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want a great taxi driver call Elias 809-842-5557, speaks English, nice newer mini van.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

My resort only provides a shuttle from Puerto Plata airport to the resort... not from Santiago airport. I chose to fly to Santiago because the flight was $200 less and had better options as far as time of arrival.

So you guys are saying taxi is the best bet? And I shouldn't pay more than $100?

Post Thanks / Like

YOUR cheapest option is to spend a night at Hotel Los Jardines or Hotel Colonial (I would prefer Jardines) ($50) and then take an early Caribe Tour to PuertoPlata, and then a taxi to your hotel. You will save more than $50 that way. Even a quick (2 minute) taxi ride to Caribe Tours (RD$125) will be cheaper than taking a taxi at that hour of the night.

HB

Moderator DR1.com

8. Likes Jetblue Flight 811 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coconutrae View Post
    So you guys are saying taxi is the best bet? And I shouldn't pay more than $100?
    Depends on how desperate you are on such short notice. I would be sure to arrange a taxi in advance, not rely on negotiating a fare with an airport taxi. The official airport taxi rates are posted, but you can usually negotiate a private driver for lower, if you do it in advance.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

how much would a taxi to either of those hotels be? what is the earliest caribetour bus that leaves santiago?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coconutrae View Post
    how much would a taxi to either of those hotels be? what is the earliest caribetour bus that leaves santiago?
    About RD$125. 6AM is the first bus. Bus fare Santiago to Puerto Plata is RD$120

Caribe Tours | Portada

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast