I-130 form application approval Question

tilinmarte

Aug 29, 2007
Once your application has been approved for you wife to enter the USA what is the time frame that would allow for her to visit the Dominican Republic again. can she travel back to dominican republic lets say within 1 month to attend a family affair (ex. Birthday, Graduation, Funeral , Ect....)

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
An approval of the I-130 form does not means that she is authorized to enter US territory... You still have a long way to go, I-864 form is the the most important part of your case plus the consular interview...

Did you already pass all this process?

JJ

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
once she has the green card she card she can come and go so long as she maintians US residence. You need to tell immigration ahead of time when you are leaving and why. No more than six months outside US. Its kind of up to immigrations judgment but if you are above board there is no problem visiting other countries. You just have to convince them that you really do live in the US, pay taxes and maintain a residence. With marriage in three years you can take the citizenship exam. 5 years wait if unmarried. Then you get a US passport and you are home free so to speak. Green card comes after form 864, medical exam and consular interview.