Mar 3, 2011
Does anyone know where I can find corned beef in Santo Domingo? Thank You

Gary...er Captboink

Last edited:

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
carne de res Pecho

~You can make your own, you need time...about 20 days and the following ingredients:

Corned beef brisket aka "Carne de res Pecho" you will need brisket, sea salt, sugar, pickling spice mix, garlic, saltpeter and stoneware.

Instructions:

Place brisket in crock and cover completely with water. Add remaining ingredients above and stir to distribute. Cover and let sit at room temperature for 4 days.

Place in the refrigerator for an additional 16 days. Remove the brisket from the crock and put in a large kettle or roasting pan and boil 1 to 2 hours. Remove from heat and let stand for 2 hours.

Drain off liquid and run under cold water for 30 minutes or more. This seals the juices into the meat.

Remove the meat from the water and refrigerate until ready to use.

It will be the best Corned Beef you ever had....dont forget the Cabbage and good jewish rye bread!!!! Oh yah and the hot mustard....mmmm....mmmm...good:laugh:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If someone tells me where to buy good Jewish Rye bread here they get a free weekend at the Hard Rock Punta Cana on me.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
~You can make your own, you need time...about 20 days and the following ingredients:
Corned beef brisket aka "Carne de res Pecho" you will need brisket, sea salt, sugar, pickling spice mix, garlic, saltpeter and stoneware.
h:

Easy on the saltpeter if you want to boink, Captboink.

captboink

Mar 3, 2011
yeah found a very similar recipe online. my buddy and I were thinking of having a corned beef and cabbage dinner here for our friends in March. just checking around to see if they had it here or if we needed to make our own. thanks for the recipe.

Gary...er Captboink

captboink

Mar 3, 2011
Easy on the saltpeter if you want to boink, Captboink.

the Captboink has nothing to do with boinking as most know it(although I do my share of that here) started in the early 70's a friend of mine and I got the boink from a Fire Sign Theatre album and a Jimmy Hendrix album. we formed a bowling team and I was the captain. kinda liked the name even after I found out what most people thought of it as many years later.

Gary...er Captboink

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
If someone tells me where to buy good Jewish Rye bread here they get a free weekend at the Hard Rock Punta Cana on me.

We are coming down this week end....we can bring you some!!!!

Hard rock Cafe too fancy for me....but the Grand Palladuim will do just fine...:cool:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
We are coming down this week end....we can bring you some!!!!

Hard rock Cafe too fancy for me....but the Grand Palladuim will do just fine...:cool:

If you bring me some I will take you to the hotel for the afternoon to eat lunch or go to the beach free. But I cannot do it on Saturday or Sunday. Has to be Monday or Tuesday.

But it is the Hard Rock not Palladium. If I had the rye all the time you would have a room all the time.

Send me a PM if you want to go to the Hotel.

Last edited: