Places like starbucks in Santiago with wireless internet where one can work?

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
For reasons beyond my control, we had to close a small office we had in Santiago.

In hindsight, we don't need an office. So I'm thinking that maybe there's a place (similar to Starbucks) where one can sit and work. Every once-in-a-while, someone may go and pick something up, but I can go outside the establishment and do the item pickup outside.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Would you be spending 8 to 10 hours a day normally at the "Starbucks-like" place?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Some of the Bon places have wifi and all of the Campagna Bakeries have wifi and good coffee, too.

HB

Preston

Nov 13, 2011
Vmhatup,

Check out Francepan on Ave. 27 de Feb. The wifi is free (you'll have to ask for the password) and the coffee and baked goodies are excellent.

Preston

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
There is this really cool gas station/restaurant I stopped by just across from PUCCA?? (Pontificia Universidad Cat?lica Madre y Maestra). Maybe someone here can help out with the name of the business.

Very chill atmosphere, very nice decor, they play American music (streamed from the internet), and food is really good (they had GREAT sandwiches). The place was filled with college students just chilling there and using the wifi. I felt just as comfortable there as any Starbucks back home.

Last edited:

Amu

Oct 4, 2010
Square one...right across PUCMM, amazing food/wifi/atmosphere...and you can stay there as long as you want to.

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
Thanks for all the replies.

@windeguy: My assistant would spend 8 hours in the place. It'd essentially be our office space for the time being. But she'd have coffee and lunch there, so it's a win-win for both.

Campagna could be an option, I never thought of that. I'd have to check La Sirena also. I did go to Nacional and I couldn't connect to their wifi, and it was way too loud.

I was actually considering Square One, but I'd need to see how it gets once school starts. I went there last week, and it was pretty quiet, but I know it gets full and loud during the semester.

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
Square one...right across PUCMM, amazing food/wifi/atmosphere...and you can stay there as long as you want to.

Yes, that was the name! That place is awesome. On my one day trip to Santiago I stopped at a few places and really liked that one.