First time in Santiago...had a great time!!!

bori116

Jan 10, 2012
Hello I was just in Santiago last week first the first time and had a great time...I have been to Puerto Plata where many of my friends live but had never been to Santiago for more then a day. I found that I enjoyed Santiago a great deal more then Puerto Plata, there is so much more to do and I met a lot of great people. This site was a great help in finding a nice hotel to stay, and nice clubs to check out at night. There is a lot of good information on this site without it I wouldn't have had the time I did. And it's true what all my friends have told me, some of the most beautiful women on the island live in Santiago and I was fortunate enough to meet a few of them....

bori116

Jan 10, 2012
I stayed in El Matum It was nice but a little noisy, I went to a few spots, Moma, Sahara, Soho, and after hours I would hang out at Vintage, only problem is I would see the same ladies there every night. Antony Santos was playing at one of the clubs but I have seen him here in NY so I didn't bother, but I was told by some people I met it was off the hook...I'm going back in a few weeks anyone have any advise, any other spots that are nice? Does anyone know the daily rate for Golds Gym? I worked out twice at another gym close to the hotel but there was no AC and I thought I was going to die...lol...

dbogdan83

Jun 20, 2011
I was in Santiago about a month ago and stood at the same Hotel for almost 2 weeks. I was in the DR in a total of 26 days and traveled to Puerta Plata, Samana, Cabarete, Sosua, Jarabacoa and SD but nothing came close to Santiago's night life and the women. I have a good friend of mine who is a taxi driver in Santiago who knows many great spots. He is 33 years old and has been there his entire life. He also speaks fluent english so if you need some advise or a taxi maybe you can hook up with him. PM or email me if you want his info.. Also a quick advise if you are going back to Matum... the first couple nights i paid 90$ per night.. couple nights later i tipped the front desk a few times and they dropped my rate to 64$ per night..
Also the reason why you are seeing the same women every night is because they all "work there" try to stay away from that place.. i seen a few people pull out guns in the parking lot after hours.. there are many other nice places that are very close to Matum to meet some great people but since i was with my friend on daily basis i didnt bother to remember the names..

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The Hotel Jardines is a better value, quieter and just as close to some of the nice places like H20.....

HB

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Next time your in town try levels, it's in the same plaza/mall as soho, but on the other side; if you truly love the club life then you'll like levels.

aguas

Feb 7, 2010
I stayed in El Matum It was nice but a little noisy, I went to a few spots, Moma, Sahara, Soho, and after hours I would hang out at Vintage, only problem is I would see the same ladies there every night. Antony Santos was playing at one of the clubs but I have seen him here in NY so I didn't bother, but I was told by some people I met it was off the hook...I'm going back in a few weeks anyone have any advise, any other spots that are nice? Does anyone know the daily rate for Golds Gym? I worked out twice at another gym close to the hotel but there was no AC and I thought I was going to die...lol...

If you think the women in the clubs of Santiago were nice looking, just wait until you go to the Gold's Gym. I had the pleasure of going there, EVERYDAY for about 2 weeks, when I was there. I know they have a daily, weekly, and I believe monthly rate, but I can not recall exactly what it was. However this is the phone number that was listed online 809 241-9091.
Go prepared!

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
"If you think the women in the clubs of Santiago were nice looking, just wait until you go to the Gold's Gym."

I haven't been to this Gold's in a couple of years. I have a travel pass since I'm a member in the USA so I can go for free. I was never blown away by the talent but maybe its picked up. I need to hit Gold's in Santo Domingo as well.

bori116

Jan 10, 2012
I'll def hit the gym real hard these nexts 3 weeks to get ready for golds gym. I loved the Plaza International more then colinas mall, although both beat the hell out of kings plaza...I picked up real quick that the girls in Matum were working...lol...once they realized I wasn't there for that they started to talk to me and let me know the deal, some of the working girls are really nice people once you get to know them and they realize your not trying to hook up with them. Are there any hotels near la plaza international??? I liked that area, el monumento is cool but a little shady at night I have a friend who lives in NY from Santiago and she was raped walking around that area with her boyfriend, pretty terrible. I paid like 65 dollars a night, but I sent a friend of mine who lives in Pekin to reserve the room for me a few weeks before I checked in. I tell you I walked through Pekin because the Taxi driver dropped me off on the wrong street and that was hood...lol but I didn't have any problems. but everyone was grilling me hard they were looking at my sneakers, I swore I was gonna get jumped....lol...but overall I really enjoyed myself and met a lot of good people, y unas mujeres bien bellas...

bori116

Jan 10, 2012
I will def try levels next time I go, I go out a lot here in NYC and love the nightlife....thanks for the info, like I said this site helped a lot.

kdolo

Mar 9, 2009
So you went to the DR, had a great time, and saw beautiful women ....

not exactly newsworthy

dog bites man - is not news

man bites dog - is news

dbogdan83

Jun 20, 2011
I will def try levels next time I go, I go out a lot here in NYC and love the nightlife....thanks for the info, like I said this site helped a lot.

I have been to level 3 times while i was there.. make sure you wear shoes and a button up shirt or you wont get in unless you pay $$$ or get an VIP.. the club wasnt bad at all.. i had a table with 1 patron bottle and 5 redbulls for 180$.. it would have cost at least 400$ in the US at a club like level.. also from what i heard from the locals.. the guys that go there are mostly drug dealers.. you can tell by the cars parked in front of the club.. just mind your business and you will be just fine.. i am as white as it gets and had no problems..

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
also from what i heard from the locals.. the guys that go there are mostly drug dealers.. you can tell by the cars parked in front of the club.. just mind your business and you will be just fine.. i am as white as it gets and had no problems..

This is certainly NOT true, sure you may have one or two shady characters as you would find in any high class club world wide, but what you saw at levels was a portion of the top echelon of Dominican society from the Cibao region.