Pickup points in Santiago for picking up items that I sell?

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
Are there places in Santiago that can be used as pickup points for items that I sell? At least for now, it'll only be a few times a month.

For example, Bob buys a camera from me. I can take the camera to this pickup point and tell Bob to go pick up his camera over there. That way I don't have to be there, and more importantly, there's a physical place I can tell my clients to visit then they can pick up the items they purchased from me.

Thanks.

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
If you know of a place that I can pay that offers that type of service, please let me know.

Thanks.

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
Wish I could help you...but I don't figure a place like this would be in business too long. I can just see all sorts of, ahem "questionable" transactions being made.

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
For things like that, people tend to use virtual offices, but hey're not common in Santiago.

There's a guy that has virtual offices in SD, but they're over USD$400. For that I'd rather rent an office of my own.

Frank the Tank asked me where I was located, so maybe he has a possible option.

Thanks for all the posts.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
As I had suggested before, a colmado may be the answer. I would find a small colmado, preferably one run by a matronly grandmother-type figure. Negotiate with her a price for pickup service, maybe RD$50. The RD$50 is all profit to her, more than she makes on selling multiple cervezas or callingcards. Give her a notebook and have her get a signature for every pickup. As you stated that your items are low value, an occasional screwup won't kill you. I've done the opposite when in the DR. As I am never home, I have all my FedEx addressed c/o and delivered to a local colmado. I pay her for each package received.

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
That's an option. I would just need to find a colmado in Santiago that looks half-decent.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Feb 7, 2007
If you know people with one of the courier services, or people who own Metropack franchise, you could talk to them if they would eb willing to serve as your pickup point for a per-item fee. But that would be conditional to they knowing who you are and what you are selling (e.g. showing them and registering each item you bring in).

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
If you know people with one of the courier services, or people who own Metropack franchise, you could talk to them if they would eb willing to serve as your pickup point for a per-item fee. But that would be conditional to they knowing who you are and what you are selling (e.g. showing them and registering each item you bring in).

Now THAT sounds like the way to do it!