Metro Bus service

Jetblue Flight 811

Oct 17, 2010
I plan on taking the Metro bus from Santiago to POP/SOS, and looking at the schedule i have questions......

Metro Servicios Turisticos

1. Where is Churchill? Is it considered Santo Domingo?
2.Do the departure times from one area coincide with departure times from other areas? For example if u look at the website link i posted there appears to be only 3 buses that leave from Santiago to POP/SOSUA, however there are a total of 7 buses that go to POP, are those buses the same ones that left from Churchill perhaps with some churchill passengers traveling to pop or are they totally new departures? Basically what i am asking is are they connections?

i am asking because i am trying to book a flight and i want my flight times to coincide with the cab ride to the terminal. thanks

jackichan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2011
I plan on taking the Metro bus from Santiago to POP/SOS, and looking at the schedule i have questions......

Metro Servicios Turisticos

1. Where is Churchill? Is it considered Santo Domingo?
2.Do the departure times from one area coincide with departure times from other areas? For example if u look at the website link i posted there appears to be only 3 buses that leave from Santiago to POP/SOSUA, however there are a total of 7 buses that go to POP, are those buses the same ones that left from Churchill perhaps with some churchill passengers traveling to pop or are they totally new departures? Basically what i am asking is are they connections?

i am asking because i am trying to book a flight and i want my flight times to coincide with the cab ride to the terminal. thanks

1. The Winston Churchill is an avenue in SD where the metro bus offices are located.

2. Yes. All buses depart from SD and head up north. They are no new departures from other terminals (hope this makes sense)

The caribe and metro bus stations in santiago are pretty much close. If you miss the metro you can always get on the more reliable caribe

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The caribe and metro bus stations in santiago are pretty much close. If you miss the metro you can always get on the more reliable caribe

Yes, very close. The Metro station as on the main road. Running along side is a street coming off the main road. Walk up that street, away from the main road, about a block and there is the Caribe Tours termnal. Very short walk. Caribe Tours has more buses than Metro.

Jetblue Flight 811

Oct 17, 2010
oh ok kool that kinda confirms what i had suspected i figured the same bus makes all stops along the routes and made connections. I have actually taken the Metro from Sosua to POP and then had to get off and take another to Santiago but i never did it from Santiago to pop/sos. You are correct i have seen the big yellow Caribe Tours buses at the other end of the block, but i want to take Metro because it stops right at a Texaco in Sosua, whereas i hear that the caribe Tours bus drops you off on the street somewhere in charamicos and i dont know how far that is

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Nothing is very far from anything in Sos?a...however the Metro does drop you off in the middle of the Batey rather than Charmicos.

Remember that there are two Caribe Tour stops in Santiago. Going from North to South (POP-Santo Domingo) the second stop is the one in Los Jardines which is close to the Metro station. The street name is Maimon.
If you are coming from Santo Domingo to the North, then the Caribe Tour stop is the first one....Is this clear?

Lots of people get confused and get off over in Las Colinas and then wonder why they can't find the Metro Station, and the taxi drivers want like RD$200 to take them there....well, it's because you are like 10 kilometers and terrible traffic away!!

Good morning all.

HB

Jetblue Flight 811

Oct 17, 2010
awesome, HB thanks for the info. It would appear that Caribe tours runs alot more frequently from Santiago to Sosua(seems like every hour), but how far is the Caribe tours stop in sosua from the Metro stop in Sosua? Can i take a taxi or motorcycle?

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
811, The bus stop at the Texaco and the bus stop in Charamicos are 5 minutes apart via motoconcho of 30 pesos.
And yes Caribe tours runs hourly much more frequent than Metro.

steveray911

Jan 16, 2012
Trouble Viewing Metro Bus Schedule

I am having trouble viewing the Metro Bus Schedule.

The web site keeps giving me the classic 404 error message and I can't seem to locate the bus schedule anywhere on their main site.

I am attempting to get from SDQ to Bayahibe and have heard that my best bet is to take the Metro to La Romana and then take another bus to Bayahibe.

I am planning on flying into SDQ on January 23rd.

Assistance in either locating the bus schedule or advice is appreciated!

I understand I could take a taxi from the airport to my destination, Gri Gri Divers, to complete an instructor internship, for 100 dollars, but can't justify spending that much when my flight is only 30 dollars more!

steveray911

Jan 16, 2012
Thank you very much! That helps a lot!

It seems my best bet is to take an Express Bus to La Romana and then a guaguita to Bayahibe?

It appears that SDQ is a good distance from the Express Bus pick up; Ravelo Street across from Enriquillo park, should I just take a taxi there then? If so, what do you think the fare would be.

Secondly, where would I get information for a guaguita or other modes of transportation from La Romana to Bayahibe?