Santiago Airport to Cabarete

johnjnice

Jan 9, 2012
Hello--

I have friends coming into Santiago STI because its a better deal than flying into POP.
What is the best way to get from the Santiago Airport to Cabarete/ Sosua area. Is there a bus? How much is the taxi? Thanks!
jjn

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
Have you tried the search feature? I ask because this topic is brought up a lot so you may want to check past responses in addition to any responses you get in this thread.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Yes, please use the search function. It has the answer....Hint for you (Wilson taxi-Sosua)...but there are lots of alternatives.

HB

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
And please let us know after they pay for transport if it ended up being a better deal than just flying into POP in the first place.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Victor Guzman will do it for $US80. his number is 809-493-3799......I just called him to confirm and will still do it for that price....

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
Wow, very helpful post!

Victor Guzman will do it for $US80. his number is 809-493-3799......I just called him to confirm and will still do it for that price....

Thank you! That was very kind of you for confirming that...... a good deal price-wise.
Few more questions if you know and do not mind:

Where does he live.......Santiago or Cabarete?
In what condition is his vehicle (don't want to get stuck on the side of the road)?
How's his driving (no worse than most taxi drivers)?
Does he speak any English?

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
I want to be helpful to other DR1ers as well!
So in case anyone is interested, just PM me if want to use SDQ instead of STI. I know a taxi service that will take (or pick-up) Cabarete to SDQ for US$200. Good cabs and drivers; never let us down.

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
The bottom-line RT price (including taxi) is often better using SDQ or STI if there is more than one passenger.

It can vary, of course, but, POP is very pricey lately......my guess is not enough competition. For example, Delta no longer flies POP; we used to fly Delta at least part of the year to ATL; great connections from there going West. And customs not as busy as MIA. But MIA is supposed to be getting new facilities soon......soooo needed!

And the low cost carriers don't fly there....

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Thank you! That was very kind of you for confirming that...... a good deal price-wise.
Few more questions if you know and do not mind:

Where does he live.......Santiago or Cabarete?
In what condition is his vehicle (don't want to get stuck on the side of the road)?
How's his driving (no worse than most taxi drivers)?
Does he speak any English?

Victor lives in Cabarete, but goes to STI all the time for pick ups and drop offs, he has a van that is in very good shape and he speaks good English, as far as his driving, he's not one of those "crazy" cab drivers, he's quite safe and reliable.....he does all the airport pick ups and drop offs for Cabarete Palm Beach Condos, and works for the taxi association as well.

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
Victor lives in Cabarete, but goes to STI all the time for pick ups and drop offs, he has a van that is in very good shape and he speaks good English, as far as his driving, he's not one of those "crazy" cab drivers, he's quite safe and reliable.....he does all the airport pick ups and drop offs for Cabarete Palm Beach Condos, and works for the taxi association as well.
Great! I may ask him about doing an SDQ run as well then. We travel frequently due to business.

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Hiya,
A friend of our recently did the trip the other way round ie Sosua to STI airport.
After lots of research, we found that the the best way was the Metro bus from Sosua to Los Jardines (sp?) in Santiago <180 pesos> and then a taxi from Los Jardines to the airport <approx 20US>.
I'm sure it can be just as easily done the other way round.
Tropical Regards
Ian & Ellie
anpalmisl.gif

VX-22

Feb 7, 2012
Well that was the same question I had. Your info looks to be very helpful I was hoping to ask you another question if you don't mind. I will be arriving in Santiago very early in the morning....1am and need to get to Casa Marina Beach and Reef resort in Sosua. If I call Victor Guzman from the states and ask him to pick us up at the airport does he just show up or should we expect to pay in advance? Thanks for the info.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Well that was the same question I had. Your info looks to be very helpful I was hoping to ask you another question if you don't mind. I will be arriving in Santiago very early in the morning....1am and need to get to Casa Marina Beach and Reef resort in Sosua. If I call Victor Guzman from the states and ask him to pick us up at the airport does he just show up or should we expect to pay in advance? Thanks for the info.

Call Victor, and he'll show up at baggage claim with a card bearing your last name. The fee is usually due after you arrive at the location.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
His email is:

vmgg2@hotmail.com

But calling him is a little quicker and more efficient..... 809-493-3799, or 829-592-0729.....

He will be there to pick with a name card, as long as he knows how to spell your name....good luck and let him know you got the info from DR1

aguyfromny

Mar 20, 2012
They will end up spending more than flying into POP. It's a 2 hour drive and the roads for the first hour out of STI are dizzyingly horrible.