Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Santiago Airport to Cabarete

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Santiago Airport to Cabarete

Hello--

I have friends coming into Santiago STI because its a better deal than flying into POP.
    What is the best way to get from the Santiago Airport to Cabarete/ Sosua area. Is there a bus? How much is the taxi? Thanks!
    jjn

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried the search feature? I ask because this topic is brought up a lot so you may want to check past responses in addition to any responses you get in this thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, please use the search function. It has the answer....Hint for you (Wilson taxi-Sosua)...but there are lots of alternatives.

HB

Moderator DR1.com

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

And please let us know after they pay for transport if it ended up being a better deal than just flying into POP in the first place.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

you can get a taxi for $US80, and have them go the back way through moca, its faster

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hammerdown View Post
    you can get a taxi for $US80, and have them go the back way through moca, its faster
    Who is your taxi driver? Last time we paid $100 and took the Moca route to Cabarete.....

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Victor Guzman will do it for $US80. his number is 809-493-3799......I just called him to confirm and will still do it for that price....

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wow, very helpful post!

Quote Originally Posted by hammerdown View Post
    Victor Guzman will do it for $US80. his number is 809-493-3799......I just called him to confirm and will still do it for that price....
    Thank you! That was very kind of you for confirming that...... a good deal price-wise.
    Few more questions if you know and do not mind:

Where does he live.......Santiago or Cabarete?
    In what condition is his vehicle (don't want to get stuck on the side of the road)?
    How's his driving (no worse than most taxi drivers)?
    Does he speak any English?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to be helpful to other DR1ers as well!
    So in case anyone is interested, just PM me if want to use SDQ instead of STI. I know a taxi service that will take (or pick-up) Cabarete to SDQ for US$200. Good cabs and drivers; never let us down.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

The bottom-line RT price (including taxi) is often better using SDQ or STI if there is more than one passenger.

It can vary, of course, but, POP is very pricey lately......my guess is not enough competition. For example, Delta no longer flies POP; we used to fly Delta at least part of the year to ATL; great connections from there going West. And customs not as busy as MIA. But MIA is supposed to be getting new facilities soon......soooo needed!

And the low cost carriers don't fly there....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast