Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just curious...For the members that work online

Throughout this forum, I have heard many of you say that you live in D.R. but work online. Kudos to you all!!! I think that is sheer genius that you leverage your talents to work in a world wide market.

As a technology person myself, I am curious to know what you guys do for an 'online' living...

2. Likes ExtremeR liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Buy low, sell high

Thus the phrase, "Trying to make a dollar out of fifteen cents"

Como se dice en espanol?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyPablo View Post
    Throughout this forum, I have heard many of you say that you live in D.R. but work online. Kudos to you all!!! I think that is sheer genius that you leverage your talents to work in a world wide market.

As a technology person myself, I am curious to know what you guys do for an 'online' living...
    I sell my DR1 postings to a childrens book!

5. Likes Softail liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you are being a bit too curious. It's their business.

HB
    Moderator DR1.com

7. Likes caribmike, Drro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Research for international NGOs; translation, editing and writing for a range of clients in the DR and beyond.

Cons - chasing 'mala paga' clients, unpredictable workload
    Pros - low overheads, flexible working hours, cool boss

9. Likes Africaida, Caribbeandreamto liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I work as an adjunct Instructor online for several universities in the states teaching courses for Registered Nurses going back to complete Bachelors Degree's. Of course having a Masters in Nursing is what gave me this option.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I am a social media strategist and have several clients in the US including a jewelry company, a furniture company and a bridal pageant shop. I also sell automotive parts on Ebay and have just started selling Jeep parts online.

Social Media Strategist | Marketing | Freelance | Social Zealot
    Batlground Motorsports
    Jeep Parts, Jeep Accessories, Replacement Parts at East Coast Jeeps

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

There are a number of things you can do, however, each one are not overnight successes. You can start a website/blog about a particular product, write reviews everyday, get those reviews publsihed/linked on other sites to drive traffic to your site. Place Google Ads on your site and make some money that way. Even if your banking $10 per day, thats about $300 per month, thats more than $10K pesos per month. And your initial investment is small, $5 to register the domain for 1 year and $2 per month for basic hosting. You will be putting in about 2-3 hours per day to write the article and update your site with interesting info. But the key is to pick a niche (topic) to cover on your site....could be family values site, celebrity site, or any else. I think that would be the best way to get started making money online. There are many other methods that can bank you really well which you should learn about as you go.

13. Likes Diem liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lisagauss View Post
    There are a number of things you can do, however, each one are not overnight successes. You can start a website/blog about a particular product, write reviews everyday, get those reviews publsihed/linked on other sites to drive traffic to your site. Place Google Ads on your site and make some money that way. Even if your banking $10 per day, thats about $300 per month, thats more than $10K pesos per month. And your initial investment is small, $5 to register the domain for 1 year and $2 per month for basic hosting. You will be putting in about 2-3 hours per day to write the article and update your site with interesting info. But the key is to pick a niche (topic) to cover on your site....could be family values site, celebrity site, or any else. I think that would be the best way to get started making money online. There are many other methods that can bank you really well which you should learn about as you go.
    Or you can also make Youtube videos through the google partners program, they typically pay 1/3 cents to 1 cent per view. As you get more consistant viewers, they pay a higher percentage. Some of these posters can make a very significant income off their videos.

For example, a video with 1,000,000 views x .0033 = $3300. This is the minimum you will make if you're a yourtube parter.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Some do website design or improvements, others SEO, still others are into e-commerce.

There are folks who also work remotely reviewing legal documents, performing translations, writing code, teaching online, etc. I have a friend who is a radiologist and performs more than 80% of her work on a computer. I reviewed thousands of pages of legal documents during a trip, which comfortably paid for my next three visits.

Suffice to say, you need training, experience and more than a few connections to do this. Reading "SEO for Dummies" and hoping it all works out will NOT get you where you need to be.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast