Lost Tourist Card - Rates?

Lolitula

Mar 16, 2011
Hey Guys

The time has come to get out of here...I'm anticipating paying the $1000 RD for my daughter and for me at the airport, as we've been here since July, but I've also misplaced our tourist cards :(

Please can anyone give me a heads up how this can be dealt with at POP Airport? Is there an additional fine to paying the departure tax?

Any help you guys have, as soon as you can dispense it, would be awesome...thank you!

Apr 13, 2011
Just go to the airport - they look at the entry stamp date on your passport and then you go pay the amount of the fee for overstay. Should not be a problem.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
You didn't misplace the tourist cards! They collect the money for the cards and then you have to turn them in again in a few minutes. That changed a few years ago.

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
You didn't misplace the tourist cards! They collect the money for the cards and then you have to turn them in again in a few minutes. That changed a few years ago.

You beat me to this one. I distinctly remember my grumbling about making one line for the card, and walking maybe 50 steps to turn in over to someone else.

Lolitula

Mar 16, 2011
ZOMG what a relief! Thanks, Profe!

I really thought I didn't find them with my passport, where I would've kept them, but I was too afraid to hope :) ahhaha great stuff, thanks. I think I only, then, have to pay that silly old 1k each for a 6 month stay. Not so bad :)

Have a great day, guys! Thank you! :D

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Hey Guys

The time has come to get out of here...I'm anticipating paying the $1000 RD for my daughter and for me at the airport, as we've been here since July, but I've also misplaced our tourist cards :(

Please can anyone give me a heads up how this can be dealt with at POP Airport? Is there an additional fine to paying the departure tax?

Any help you guys have, as soon as you can dispense it, would be awesome...thank you!

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/98489-current-overstay-fees.html