Need an Opinion

abretusojos10

Dec 2, 2007
Alright, so I made a call to an Oficilia Civil to ask about the requirements for a marriage, since I read different things on the internet. He stated all that I need is a copy+orig Cedula, original birth certificate(of both) and 2 witness cedulas, plus the $. We deposit the paperwork and pay and then pick a date for the marriage. I then asked him about the dual citizenship and what he recommends I should do (marry with cedula or passport) he stated the USA doesnt recognize dual that I should use my passport but ofcourse the price of that is $7,000dop with the cedula its like 1 or 2,000dop. I tried calling the embassy but I think they are closed all I'm getting is a machine. I just want to verify if this is true or not. If I use my cedula (which states my birth city is Boston) will I still be able to file the I-130 without any issues???

anyone who has any idea on whether they are lying or not about the USA not recognizing dual citizenship and if I can marry with my cedula without an issue when i do file??

Thanks

abretusojos10

Dec 2, 2007
I should have looked online thanks!!

Since peoplre here always make things complicated somehow I'm gonna call the embassy tomorrow to see what they say you know. I don't want to make any mistakes.

abretusojos10

Dec 2, 2007
I went to the Oficilia that corresponds to me in Las Americas,

I need certificado de solteria, birth certificate, passport - for myself

my bf and witnesses need cedula, birth certificate, and biometrics (fingerprint)

I find this supper annoying...

is $2500 for a solteria paper too much? should I just do it myself?
plus $7000 marriage

plus the wedding rings....

plus getting the witnesses to get the fingerprints done...

its like they make u go through all this bs so u can change your mind.

I think were gonna get this done in Bani. no fingerprints and we can get everything done much faster.

abretusojos10

Dec 2, 2007
so I started reading this post... half way through I realized it sounded familiar...
-_-

yeah ... its only tuesday too.. smh

abretusojos10

Dec 2, 2007
FYI I married Monday Feb 13th in Bani with my cedula, the price was $2500 no issues no nothing... DR is just forever trying to rob people especially gringos....

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
This poor country has to get whatever it can from you rich gringos who come down here and marry these beautiful Dominican women. Best of luck to you both.