Socializing

abretusojos10

Dec 2, 2007
Hey has there ever been a group that has met in person from here?

i.e. set up something at a bar/restaurant/public place for us to meet in person and socialize a little ?

I'd love to meet everyone in the SD area!

Feb 7, 2007
Some posters meat also off-line, there is also a The Rendezvous Point forum within DR1, there are some events organized by DR1 members where other DR1 members attend (e.g. 4th of July, Thanksgiving, etc.)

abretusojos10

Dec 2, 2007
Thanks! I just thought that was for members who were travelling into the country

I'll check it out, I'd love to meet everyone I need to soalize and make some friends I'm sort of a loner most of the time

jackichan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2011
Thanks! I just thought that was for members who were travelling into the country

I'll check it out, I'd love to meet everyone I need to soalize and make some friends I'm sort of a loner most of the time

You just need the confidence start going to social places like malls, movies, colmadorens e.t.c every dominican girl loves to dance. Most dr1ers are introverted internet addicts so i wouldnt care looking in that direction

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
This is a good idea...actually a GREAT idea. I know the folks in Sosua get together at Rocky's from time to time (certainly around Thanksgiving they do). How about we all locate a place to have a local meeting?

I'll step up and help coordinate a Cabrera DR1 Friends Meeting. How about it? Any interest? I have a couple of amazing chefs who can prepare a lot to eat...we can all bring some booze and call it a meeting (instead of a party). Any interest?

P.S. Not at my villa, silly people, but in the town of Cabrera. I can rent one of the restaurants.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Ironically enough, the best get-togethers I've attended have been in the NYC area, though the enthusiasm for such gatherings has waned substantially. But life is like a series of tides; sometimes you get a gnarly wave that makes life exiting and other times the waves are totally bogus and a waste of time.

There were no expats at these get-togethers, but plenty of frequent travelers to the DR. Some of the gatherings in Sosua and Santiago have devolved into some very ugly and childishly pathetic grudges that have lasted for years, either over stuff written on the internet or via personal interactions. Maybe you don't want to get in the middle of any of that right now.

I've met some really cool native Dominicans in the capital-my suggestion to you is, if you are a loner, get out there and start being more social by attending events, concerts and plays if they are common.

You're in the DR-go out and meet some Dominicans.

Ironically enough, the best get-togethers I've attended have been in the NYC area, though the enthusiasm for such gatherings has waned substantially. But life is like a series of tides; sometimes you get a gnarly wave that makes life exiting and other times the waves are totally bogus and a waste of time.

There were no expats at these get-togethers, but plenty of frequent travelers to the DR. Some of the gatherings in Sosua and Santiago have devolved into some very ugly and childishly pathetic grudges that have lasted for years, either over stuff written on the internet or via personal interactions. Maybe you don't want to get in the middle of any of that right now.

I've met some really cool native Dominicans in the capital-my suggestion to you is, if you are a loner, get out there and start being more social by attending events, concerts and plays if they are common.

You're in the DR-go out and meet some Dominicans.

Lets do something up in NYC sometime in February or early March. Its been awhile.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
My suggestion is to get involved and/or volunteer in activities in your area. Schools, hospitals, orphanages, community theater etc. If you want to meet good people do good things. Beware when you are lonely of hooking up with people with ulterior motives.

abretusojos10

Dec 2, 2007
Confidence I have plenty of! It's just girls are deceiving and very 'interesa' and men just want to _____. fill in the blank, whatever you say is probably correct.

I'm not one, but I guess you're a introverted internet addict then?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I went to several meetups in SD, a couple of times at Adrian Tropical, Pat'e Palo and La Taverna, as well as at juanita's famed BBQs. Would consider going to one in the PC/B?varo area if anyone is up for it.