Any Auto Insurance Suggestions? or Corredores de Seguros?

chrisrose97

May 2, 2010
Hi Everybody

I bought a 2010 Camry last year in Santiago and and insured it with Seguros Universal from Banco Popular ...I'm looking for alternatives as it getting more expensive and covering less in the renewal.... and wasnt too impressed with their response when I had a small accident. That was on November 3rd and got the car back December 27th. Unacceptable! They actually left me almost 2 months with the car in the shop. Any Suggestions? The corredor I have is another one I'm looking to replace, granted, he was good once, but now is sitting in his laurels, thinking he's gonna make a fast buck from me....out with the old, in with the new(though even that might backfire on me)! Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Sorta depends. If you are in Sosua/Cabarete area you can just transfer to Angie Wolff and remain with the same firm. She is highly responsive. But, if you want to change, Robert's suggestion is the only place I would go. I just don't go there now because they have no north coast representation (of which I am aware).

chrisrose97

May 2, 2010
Will give Franco and Acra a call! I am in Santiago and it looks like they have an office there...

thanks again

saifeye

Jan 25, 2012
Re : Any Auto Insurance Suggestions?

Spam and useless here in the DR.

Last edited by a moderator:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Average auto insurance rates will vary depending on the drivers’ individual experiences and circumstances. Between two drivers who may share a number of stats, one of them will be benefit from lower auto insurance rates if he will be a better driver.
Again average auto insurance rates depends on sex, age, residence and type of vehicle one will drive. Generally, the average auto insurance rates for males below the age of 25 are higher than those of other drivers. This group of drivers pays higher rates because they are considered high risk drivers. They will only be able to pay lower rates once they turn 25 and maintain a clean driving record.
Again location plays a big role in determining average auto insurance rates. Drivers in rural areas often enjoy low insurance rates because of the low traffic they are exposed to on the roads. This is in sharp contrast to the average auto insurance rates drivers in urban areas, where roads are constantly congested, pay.

So my opinion is just realize the things and use it whatever you want.

This post is pretty much irrelevant when it comes to the DR.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
it's not only irrelevant, it's some kind of spam.... if you click the link, the text of the message is cut and paste from the web page that comes up. definitely some kind of .... hmmmm... don't know the right term.. but they're just trying to get some click-through traffic.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
The finest insurance company in my experience is Colonial. Settlements are made within a day etc. No quibbling! Reasonable rates!

bayaguanaman

Oct 22, 2009

I spoke with the Santo Domingo office last Wednesday, to get a quote on 3 insurance requirements, Jeep, Home & health for myself, wife and 2 babies, they promised quotes within a couple of days but sent nothing, Zilch. Saying this requirement would be circa 200k pesos (as per last years with Seguros Universal) would seem good business but maybe for them it is small change. I called yesterday as I am sure that the office will wind down for Semana Santa holiday, the problem is that I will be right into the first of the renewals as soon as the holidays are over. Any other suggestions please ?

Bahoruco

Jun 24, 2011
No corredor de seguros

Seguros Pepin has the name to be one of the cheapest, but I don't know if there service is good.
They have also an office in Santiago.

You don't necessarily need to pass through a "Corredor de seguros", that should make it less expensive. I took my car insurance directly with Seguros Universal (in their main office in the capital). Fortunately I never had to make a claim, so cannot say anything about their service.

bayaguanaman

Oct 22, 2009
I spoke with the Santo Domingo office last Wednesday, to get a quote on 3 insurance requirements, Jeep, Home & health for myself, wife and 2 babies, they promised quotes within a couple of days but sent nothing, Zilch. Saying this requirement would be circa 200k pesos (as per last years with Seguros Universal) would seem good business but maybe for them it is small change. I called yesterday as I am sure that the office will wind down for Semana Santa holiday, the problem is that I will be right into the first of the renewals as soon as the holidays are over. Any other suggestions please ?

After 2 further calls, I got a very comprehensive spread sheet detailing 3 providers and their breakdowns. If they can do this for the home & Auto ins, I think we could be doing business soon.

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
After 2 further calls, I got a very comprehensive spread sheet detailing 3 providers and their breakdowns. If they can do this for the home & Auto ins, I think we could be doing business soon.

Can you post here what they gave you? I would love to get an idea, thanks.

bayaguanaman

Oct 22, 2009
Can you post here what they gave you? I would love to get an idea, thanks.

Hi LisaGauss,

They provided a breakdown of the services and allowances (limits) under the 3 providers, one being my current provider ARS Universal. The spread was huge, I confirm as follows ( in alphabetical order and monetary value so as to maintain confidentiality)

ARS Humano, ARS Palic, ARS Universal ....... RD$57k, RD$64k & RD$120k. As you can see the quotes are somewhat "spread", so 10/10 due to them at this time. As I said, I may well be doing business with them in short order.

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
Hi LisaGauss,

They provided a breakdown of the services and allowances (limits) under the 3 providers, one being my current provider ARS Universal. The spread was huge, I confirm as follows ( in alphabetical order and monetary value so as to maintain confidentiality)

ARS Humano, ARS Palic, ARS Universal ....... RD$57k, RD$64k & RD$120k. As you can see the quotes are somewhat "spread", so 10/10 due to them at this time. As I said, I may well be doing business with them in short order.

Thanks, I think I missed your earlier post, but are these quotes for health insurance for just you paid annually?