Puerto Plata Resorts

eltigre

Mar 23, 2008
Can anyone tell me how the Riu Merengue or Riu Mambo or Bachata compare to Iberostar Costa Dorada, I have been to Iberostar and its great, just thinking of something different for once... any advice would be appreciated..

Thanks

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
I have been to both and like the Iberostar much better. I think you will be disapointed with the Riu's in comparison.
I like the location of the Iberostar much better.
Also found the food to be better, and I just found certain nuances of the Riu chain to be a little annoying.

eltigre

Mar 23, 2008
I appreciate your reply, i agree. Iberostar is very clean and has great food, cant lose, great drinks too... I dont want to take a chance somewhere else...

Preston

Nov 13, 2011
The RIU properties should not be mentioned in the same breath as Iberostar. It is the nicest resort I've been to in Puerto Plata.

Preston

Jan 22, 2010
I do...and almost impossible to find a job....I am desperate and already 4 months jobless and income less...and by the way Iberostar is wayyyyyyy better then the RIU chain
T.E.

Jan 22, 2010
For sure don't come to live here if you don't have 1500 US a month....

If luckily you find a job it is very bad salary or only commission

T.E.

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
For sure don't come to live here if you don't have 1500 US a month....

If luckily you find a job it is very bad salary or only commission

T.E.

If you have a skill, plumbing, carpentry, laying tiles, electrician, supervising small projects, tele-sales, repairing fridges, welding and ironwork, motor mechanic, solar installation, swimming pools, web design etc. it should not be so bad. You can get by with 4-500 $ a month. Mostly self employed. Also there is nearshoring - getting a US contract and working on it in the DR.

pi2

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
I prefer Iberostar. Stayed @ Riu Bachata before and Iberostar has nicer grounds and found the staff friendlier.