Why am I picking up an item at the university library?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
After some brainstorming, I've decided that, for the time being, we'll be working from the library at PUCMM. We've been doing this for a few months, and it hasn't been a problem. The only difference now is that some customers will be picking up items from there.

I'm asking I need a reason for anyone that asks why they're picking up items at PUCMM, I guess I need some creative thinking.

In other words, let's say John buys something from me and goes and picks it up at PUCMM. I hand the item to John, and before he leaves, John asks: "So why are you here in PUCMM?". What can I tell him?

Before any wisecracking answers, keep in mind that the reason for not renting an office is that our volume of sales doesn't warrant it, and delivery (even if it's 50 pesos) cuts into our earnings. Also, at the moment we're not interested in a pickup spot.

Thanks.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Feb 7, 2007
I have suggested on another thread with similar request - (don't know if it was you asking) - Why don't you just talk to a courier place (EPS, Metropack, Picknsend, CPS) and pay them something for a package, or arrange for them a monthly flat fee....

Feb 7, 2007
one more thing... just to get this straight .... your squad comes every day to PUCMM library with their briefcases, confiscate a table/desk for the day, set up laptops, printers and whatever other gadgets you have, and stay there the whole day uisng internet and power connections form the uni library, and you have been doing that regularly for a few months, and so far, NOT EVEN A SINGLE SOUL HAS TOLD YOU ANYTHING?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
You can't get into the PUCMM library if you are not a student or a teacher.

It appears the OP has a student working for them and by all accounts all of the clients are students too.

As long as they don't make a big deal they should be ok.

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
one more thing... just to get this straight .... your squad comes every day to PUCMM library with their briefcases, confiscate a table/desk for the day, set up laptops, printers and whatever other gadgets you have, and stay there the whole day uisng internet and power connections form the uni library, and you have been doing that regularly for a few months

Well, of course. Juana and Raul set up the printers, Carlitos and Altagracia plug in the laptops and desktops, and Naveen and Baboo connect everything to the PUCMM network. Piece of cake and everything fits in a table, a desk, and a few cubes.

and so far, NOT EVEN A SINGLE SOUL HAS TOLD YOU ANYTHING?
Nah. I just give anyone that complains 30 pesos to wander around the campus for a few hours. It's worked surprisingly well.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I Think You Are Nothing More Than A "THIEF",And A Cheap Thief at That!

You are stealing from the university.
I hope "HB" reports you to the proper authorities there,and they throw you and your "crew" into the street!
If you can't find a business model that includes"Space" and pickup or delivery without being a parasite,move on!
Cris Colon

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Well, of course. Juana and Raul set up the printers, Carlitos and Altagracia plug in the laptops and desktops, and Naveen and Baboo connect everything to the PUCMM network. Piece of cake and everything fits in a table, a desk, and a few cubes.

Nah. I just give anyone that complains 30 pesos to wander around the campus for a few hours. It's worked surprisingly well.

I'm surprised they haven't found you ought yet. I expect it won't be long before they do.

PUCMM rents out space to private businesses so you should start checking. There is also space in the gas station plaza across from the entrance on the E Sadhala side if I remember correctly.

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
You are stealing from the university.
I hope "HB" reports you to the proper authorities there,and they throw you and your "crew" into the street!
If you can't find a business model that includes"Space" and pickup or delivery without being a parasite,move on!
Cris Colon
You are an idiot.

I'm surprised they haven't found you ought yet. I expect it won't be long before they do.

PUCMM rents out space to private businesses so you should start checking. There is also space in the gas station plaza across from the entrance on the E Sadhala side if I remember correctly.
I was adding a little subtle comic relief to the thread. It's just one person and their laptop. That's it. And she graduated from PUCMM.
Anyways, they have a program called Promipymes for small businesses, maybe they can help us out somehow.

Idiot Cris: The security at the PUCMM library is so tight that they don't let people in with a water bottle. Just imagine, idiot Cris, six people with laptops and desktops going into the library, confiscating tables, hijacking their network, and throwing students out. Only an idiot would think that's even plausible at any university, let alone PUCMM.

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
BTW, do you actually think that PUCMM students will stop studying at the library for 30 pesos? Have you seen tuition costs there? That doesn't even cover a refreshment over there.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
VM,

I think the general sense being conveyed is that it is better for you in the long term to find a legitimate space. You'd be surprised how shop owners would be willing to provide that service to you for a very small fee, if you can't afford an office or pickup/dropoff site.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I think your days on DR1 and at the PUCMM are about to come to an abrupt end.

I suggest you do a self check on your attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.