Bus from SDQ to Cabrera

Maria DuBois

Jan 15, 2012
In about 2 weeks,my husband and I are going to visit my daughter and her husband and our Dominican in-laws for the first time. We have made flight arrangements and plan to spend the first day in Santo Domingo. After that, what is the best way to travel up to Cabrera? We can't find any busses that appear to travel there. Any information you give me will be greatly appreciated. The more specific, the better. Thank you.

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
Caribe Tours has buses from SDQ to downtown Cabrera,- several a day. Will be no problem for you. I'm sure your daughter will be able to give you the schedule and a taxi in SDQ will take you to the bus terminal.
Myrna

Maria DuBois

Jan 15, 2012
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, one of the other problems we've encountered is that we have not been in touch with our daughter by phone or internet for about a month. This has us worried, because every time we try to call her, we get a message saying this number is invalid. She doesn't have internet service at home, so unless she makes a special trip to an internet cafe', she does not post to Facebook. She knows we have a trip planned, because we have been talking about it for over a year. What she does not know is that we have a definite date and will need a place to stay. I am excited to go, and am trusting God to get us where we need to go. My husband, however, is less optimistic.

Is the station for Caribe Tours SDQ, or down the street somewhere? We are wondering how much walking to expect to have to do once we arrive.

Again, thanks for reading and replying. All help is very much needed and appreciated.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
There are a few posters on DR1 living in Cabrera. My understanding is that Cabrera is not a big place, you should PM them, to find out if they can get in touch with your daughter.

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
I am in Cabrera. Please just let me know if I can help you in getting in touch with your daughter before your arrival.

Maria DuBois

Jan 15, 2012
Thank you very much. I have been in touch with her. Due to the suggestion in this thread, I thought to find my son-in-law's sister through his facebook page. I knew she had traveled to the US before, so I was sure she spoke English. I gave her the details of our trip, and asked her to contact her parents, who also live in Cabrera. I got a call from my daughter tonight, so everything is set. They even have a place set up for us to stay already.