Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who knows where is MARANATHA in Sosua?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Who knows where is MARANATHA in Sosua?

Hello, one simple question, i keep looking all over the place and can't find a location(GPS,maps)
    for Maranatha in Sosua. All i knows is that it is a local neighborhood of Sosua but would
    definatly want to put a finger on it!

Thank you everyone~!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Maranatha is West of Sosua Abajo, on the South side of the highway (5). I would not venture in there @ night without a trustworthy armed Dominican that knows the area well if you get my drift.

t'

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Benitomio View Post
    Hello, one simple question, i keep looking all over the place and can't find a location(GPS,maps)
    for Maranatha in Sosua. All i knows is that it is a local neighborhood of Sosua but would
    definatly want to put a finger on it!

Thank you everyone~!
    It's a safe and friendly area where local workers live. It is at the busy intersection just past Sosua Abajo on the left before the hill.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RV429 View Post
    It's a safe and friendly area where local workers live. It is at the busy intersection just past Sosua Abajo on the left before the hill.
    It is certainly safe and friendly during the daytime, also has some "other things" going on there that your typical gringo may not want to get close to without a trustworthy local. In other words, don't hop on the back of a moto for an adventure there!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

You are too paranoid tamborita. The main drag is no less safe than anywhere, our house is up the road and I stop there any hour of the day for purchasing food or drink or pollo.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

You know the area, and locals know you, that is NOT the same as a tourist going to visit. I know what goes on in there, and have been in there @ 3AM. It is not paranoia, it is called common sense.

7. Likes windeguy liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

At 3 a.m. it is not called common sense it is called rum sense or presidente sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, i can see 2 of you has 2 different opinion... i was kinda asking because there's a house for sale in Maranata and my plan is to move to the RD to live permanently but also to live a basic life, dominican style. What you think RV429? Tamborista?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

why would you want to do that I wonder ? you could live a basic life in bella vista which is not far away

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

1944'27.86"N
    7031'22.05"W

enter in google earth and you know where it is

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast