Business opportunity in Real Estate in Santo Domingo

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
We are a real estate brokerage with our office centrally located in the capital. At the moment we are two brokers who work mainly with commercial real estate. Raysa Suarez is our office manager and as a broker works with Executive Rentals and Commercial Leases in Santo Domingo. For our office we are looking to add a broker who will work mainly with Residential Real Estate sales in Santo Domingo and surrounding areas. We can offer for a fee a cubicle in our offices which are located in the ?Torre Empresarial AIRD? on Av. Sarasota corner Abraham Lincoln where you will have great facilities for receiving clients and a conference room for meetings and closings. At the office you will also have access to high speed internet and you can make local calls. Included in the fee is our virtual office service with a dedicated phone number and receptionist service. You will be able to use the company website Real Estate & Business Center Dominican Republic where you will have your profile and you can advertise your listings and we work with different internet classifieds for instance Dominican Republic News & Travel Information Service. You will also have access to our listing and contact database and our contact management system. Leads generated by the office in relation to residential real estate sales will for the most part be directed to you. Ideally you have some years of experience from working with real estate in Santo Domingo. If not you have experience from working with real estate as an agent in the United States, Canada or in the Caribbean but you have to know Santo Domingo and how to get around. Ideally you are fluent in Spanish and English. If interested please contact John Boyter cel. 809 729 9010 or Raysa Suarez cel 809 729 7670 Office 809 533 9443 Boyter Island - Commercial Real Estate in the Dominican Republic

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
We ourselves work mainly with commercial real estate; Office space, retail space and industrial space. We also work with executive rentals for managers and diplomats. But often we get good leads for residential real estate sales. Either listings or buyers. The real estate broker does not have to work under our name. It is possible to use your own trading name. Also you have to have residency in the Dominican Republic. On other threads the issue of license for brokers and agents are discussed. There are no requirements to have a license in the Dominican Republic. As a broker here you are an independent contractor.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
We ourselves work mainly with commercial real estate; Office space, retail space and industrial space. We also work with executive rentals for managers and diplomats. But often we get good leads for residential real estate sales. Either listings or buyers. The real estate broker does not have to work under our name. It is possible to use your own trading name. Also you have to have residency in the Dominican Republic. On other threads the issue of license for brokers and agents are discussed. There are no requirements to have a license in the Dominican Republic. As a broker here you are an independent contractor.
Just curious, where you say "have to have residency in the DR", are you referring to legal Residencia or physical residency? As the broker is an independent contractor, wouldn't his formation of a busines entity (a corporation) allow him to transact business legally?

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Just curious, where you say "have to have residency in the DR", are you referring to legal Residencia or physical residency? As the broker is an independent contractor, wouldn't his formation of a busines entity (a corporation) allow him to transact business legally?

I mean residency by having a cedula and the broker is an independent contractor in relation to our office. I think it is best if the broker signs a contract as a corporation/business entity. Regarding your last question. You do not have to form a business entity to work with real estate. In the Dominican Republic everybody is allowed to work with real estate. As a business entity or personal. I believe so anyway. What do you think? I think it is a question of having your own set off rules as an office and then sign a contract between the office and the broker which states the services you provide as an office and the price for the services.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
I mean residency by having a cedula and the broker is an independent contractor in relation to our office. I think it is best if the broker signs a contract as a corporation/business entity. Regarding your last question. You do not have to form a business entity to work with real estate. In the Dominican Republic everybody is allowed to work with real estate. As a business entity or personal. I believe so anyway. What do you think? I think it is a question of having your own set off rules as an office and then sign a contract between the office and the broker which states the services you provide as an office and the price for the services.
What I am saying is a foreigner is permitted to have a business in the DR without Residencia as long as he pays his taxxes. A Residencia is only required if he is working as an employee. An independant contractor would qualify as a busines entity if he properly registers the business. Surely it would be preferable to have residency, but this should not preclude you from considering those without. A business can be registered in a day (many lawyers keep shell corporations availabie), while Residencia takes months at best.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
What I am saying is a foreigner is permitted to have a business in the DR without Residencia as long as he pays his taxxes. A Residencia is only required if he is working as an employee. An independant contractor would qualify as a busines entity if he properly registers the business. Surely it would be preferable to have residency, but this should not preclude you from considering those without. A business can be registered in a day (many lawyers keep shell corporations availabie), while Residencia takes months at best.

it can take years to get a residencia.. and you are overlooking a big group who might be actually trained as RE agents and brokers in other countries...

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
it can take years to get a residencia.. and you are overlooking a big group who might be actually trained as RE agents and brokers in other countries...
Bottom line....one can work as a broker without Residencia if he is an independent contractor, not as an employee. To qualify as an independent contractor, he must register his business with the government.

Training as a RE agent or broker gives you what exemption from that which I overlooked??????

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Bottom line....one can work as a broker without Residencia if he is an independent contractor, not as an employee. To qualify as an independent contractor, he must register his business with the government.

Are you saying I can not get paid commission if I close a sale without residency or my business registered with the gubmint? I am fairly sure if I bring the owner a buyer he will pay me my negotiated commission. In fact, a rather large developer pays commission to anybody that brings a buyer!

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
Are you saying I can not get paid commission if I close a sale without residency or my business registered with the gubmint? I am fairly sure if I bring the owner a buyer he will pay me my negotiated commission.
How do you plan on paying your income taxxes without a registration number?? You wouldn't be thinking of beating the system? You wouldn't want it to come back to haunt you when you run for president.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Nobody is trying to beat the system Belmont, it is a fact that a few large developers are paying commission to individuals, not brokers, just Joe Schmoe's that bring in buyers that close on new projects. I am not saying it is 100% kosher or legal, but it is the way it is.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
Nobody is trying to beat the system Belmont, it is a fact that a few large developers are paying commission to individuals, not brokers, just Joe Schmoe's that bring in buyers that close on new projects. I am not saying it is 100% kosher or legal, but it is the way it is.

First, this thread is by a legitimate broker offering an oppurtunity for sales agents. He initially said he required Residencia. When I inquired and gave my opinion, he realized that a Residencia is not necessary for an independant contractor. He certainly is not trying to hire someone to commit an illegal act.

Second, how can something not "100% kosher or legal" be not "trying to beat the system". You know as well as I, the system doesn't work here. But to blatantly promote tax evasion is ludicrous.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
You really need to relax Belmont, nobody is promoting or condoning tax evasion in any shape or form.
The OP is renting desk space with the opportunity to get Real Estate sales leads, that is all.

Please explain how there are dozens of unlicensed NON-RESIDENT Real Estate sales people just in your quiet little hamlet of Sosua. Perhaps you could round them all up and become the next informant. That went well for Art Tarlow.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
You really need to relax Belmont, nobody is promoting or condoning tax evasion in any shape or form.
The OP is renting desk space with the opportunity to get Real Estate sales leads, that is all.

Please explain how there are dozens of unlicensed NON-RESIDENT Real Estate sales people just in your quiet little hamlet of Sosua. Perhaps you could round them all up and become the next informant. That went well for Art Tarlow.
if you took the timie to read and comprehend this thread from the beginning, you wil see that I agree with you. In his original post the OP stated that he was requiring residency for those interested in this position. I pointed out to the OP that as an independant contractor, residency was not a governmental requirement as the independant contractor will have all the responsibilities of any business, including registration and paying his taxes. The OP acknowledged that suggestion. In comes an opinion that anything goes, damn the laws and government (an opinion from one who has never been in business in the DR). I say relax to you also, read and comprehend.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008

That is exactly right. It is a unique opportunity to rent a desk at a well established office in the central part of Santo Domingo. We provide real estate leads and there is a commission split when transaction is handled by the office. We are two brokers at the office who work mainly with commercial leases and promoting and administering our serviced office with virtual office solutions. We have two assistants at the office who help run the office and assist the brokers.