Aug 18, 2007
American Service Exelence now enrolling for new online auto
mechanic education programs.
www.ase.com and you will be able sign up from DR
In oerder upgrade your education.

JJ

mbgmike

Jan 17, 2012
Well i do not want to sound like a negative person but these online mechanics classes are all overstated and rated. To upgrade and learn more is ok i guess. There are only a few schools in the USA that are truly respected in the auto repair business. Most of them are not popular names or on the net. Most USA dealers do not use a school or graduates from a school... they have their own programs and would rather you learn their way.They have the best training programs.. Firestones in usa have great training programs to start. Many young people waste their money expecting to get a job right away after attending schools. Its kind of sad. I am not saying its not a good idea but you won't get a good background online. Their is no easy way to be a good mechanic. none. you have to pay your dues to be top notch.

A good mechanic can make 120,000 to 150,000 per year in USA. My son was knocking down 85,000 a year and was only 27 years old. He started at ford right out of high school. Now he's a district sales manager for a company and they PAY him to work at Nascar/NHRA events since the company sponsors Martin Truex and Al Capps

A school will get you in big debt fast. Better off starting right.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
mbgmike: I think your advice might be on target. The "for profit" institutes (ITT Tech comes to mind) can be very costly.
I do not know the ASE program, but perhaps for an accomplished mechanic it might provide a touch of polish. I happen to know that "Bachata" has passed and is certified, so I would imagine that he saw something in their program that might help others.

Since he holds a very important position as a mechanic on vehicles used in public transportation, I wonder if he will tell us why he recommends such a site.

Congrats on the son that gets to work Nascar, with Truex!! A good Jersey boy!!! (although from South Jersey)....see you in Phoenix this afternoon!

Cordially,

HB

Jan 9, 2004
Well i do not want to sound like a negative person but these online mechanics classes are all overstated and rated. To upgrade and learn more is ok i guess. There are only a few schools in the USA that are truly respected in the auto repair business. Most of them are not popular names or on the net. Most USA dealers do not use a school or graduates from a school... they have their own programs and would rather you learn their way.They have the best training programs.. Firestones in usa have great training programs to start. Many young people waste their money expecting to get a job right away after attending schools. Its kind of sad. I am not saying its not a good idea but you won't get a good background online. Their is no easy way to be a good mechanic. none. you have to pay your dues to be top notch.

A good mechanic can make 120,000 to 150,000 per year in USA. My son was knocking down 85,000 a year and was only 27 years old. He started at ford right out of high school. Now he's a district sales manager for a company and they PAY him to work at Nascar/NHRA events since the company sponsors Martin Truex and Al Capps

A school will get you in big debt fast. Better off starting right.

ASE is considered the "gold" standard as it relates to training in automotive technology...at least in the US.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2