Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Private Spanish teacher/tutor wanted starting asap

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Private Spanish teacher/tutor wanted starting asap

We are looking for a private Spanish language teacher for the next two months in the Bavaro/Punta Cana area. If anyone here can recommend someone looking to pick up some extra cash teaching the two of us please let me know. Time of day is very flexible and even an hour or so per day would be great.

My boyfriend's first language is Italian, then English, and then Spanish and he does really well here with the Spanish he has, but would like to improve his fluency. He would like to start lessons asap.

I am a self taught beginner who can sorta manage a very tiny bit of baby-talk conversation with patience on the other person's part. Eventual fluency is my goal as we plan to retire here in the D.R.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be really appreciated!

Thanks, Andrea

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I met this great teacher named Rosetta Stone. The only problem is she doesn't work unless there's a computer around.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by diable410 View Post
    I met this great teacher named Rosetta Stone. The only problem is she doesn't work unless there's a computer around.
    I met Ms. Stone too. And a few of her friends who I would be more than happy to recommend as they are excellent - and free and don't all need a computer! However for my boyfriend; that is not the way he learns. One on one with someone though, and he is like a sponge and learns really quickly.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like we are in a similar position
    I have been here a while, done a introductory spanish course and get by.
    But my grammer sucks.
    I have been trying to do a level two, six week part time course at Pilotage international school
    but they keep on telling me they need more numbers to run that course.
    A minimum of 4 people I have been told, maybe if you guys are interested they will run it.
    Message me if you are interest or if you find a resonable, economic tutor
    Cheersa!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

My husband is a language teacher who teaches Spanish to English speaking people and English to Spanish speaking people. His students can attest to the practical nature of his one on one methods of teaching. I am English speaking and from Canada. If you are interested in contacting him, I'm not sure how to go about that on this forum.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riki View Post
    My husband is a language teacher who teaches Spanish to English speaking people and English to Spanish speaking people. His students can attest to the practical nature of his one on one methods of teaching. I am English speaking and from Canada. If you are interested in contacting him, I'm not sure how to go about that on this forum.
    Will your husband fly to the DR 3 times a week on his own dime to teach Spanish? And after he can fly home again...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riki View Post
    Just use the private message feature.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I would like to take the course at Pilotage.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by diable410 View Post
    I met this great teacher named Rosetta Stone.
    I see her hanging around in malls all over the world too.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

We live in Higuey. He already has two students in the Bavaro area 3 times a week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast