Politur Officers To Get Language Instruction

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

The officers of the tourist police (Politur) must ensure the safety of tourists, arrest illegal salesmen and prevent prostitution. This means that the officer also has to be able to communicate with the tourists. For this reason, the commanders of the Politur decided to offer the personnel a language course. There is an agreement signed with the IMPAC language school offering courses English, French and German. When the Politur officers in Sos?a start their language classes is not made public.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
they can already speak pretty good english " you have pesos for me". :ermm:

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

The officers of the tourist police (Politur) must ensure the safety of tourists, arrest illegal salesmen and prevent prostitution. This means that the officer also has to be able to communicate with the tourists. For this reason, the commanders of the Politur decided to offer the personnel a language course. There is an agreement signed with the IMPAC language school offering courses English, French and German. When the Politur officers in Sos?a start their language classes is not made public.

One of the prerequisites when they hire them should be "master a second language". Why waste money after the fact. There are a lot of brillant young people with university degrees out there that speak a second language and would gladly work for politur, if the salary was right. The $$$ they will spend on the courses could be used to increase the salaries. Just another stupid waste of $$$.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Morning, A couple of years ago a Bird Colonel in Politur told me that the reason that they stopped language lessons is that as soon as any proficiency was gained they married a foreigner and left! I thought that he was joking but he said that Politur selects reasonably attractive members on purpose and that with few exceptions that is what happened.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Good Morning, A couple of years ago a Bird Colonel in Politur told me that the reason that they stopped language lessons is that as soon as any proficiency was gained they married a foreigner and left! I thought that he was joking but he said that Politur selects reasonably attractive members on purpose and that with few exceptions that is what happened.
Exactly. Hire them if they speak the language. Give them a few Extra $$$. CONTRACT. Have them sign a CONTRACT. They can marry who they want BUT can't leave the country untill the CONTRACT expires or the dumb wife has to buy him the CONTRACT off.