Frenchman Killed in Las Terrenas

donP

Dec 14, 2008
4t7rl2.jpg

donP

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
2 Rolex's? One shouldn't flaunt their jewelery in any poor country...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Never forget,there are always,at LEAST,two sides to every story.
In the DR,it usually takes some time,if ever,for the whole/true story to come out.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Live poor and (almost) safe

2 Rolex's? One shouldn't flaunt their jewelery in any poor country...

Nor own a laptop, cell phone, car, motorbicyle (other than a beat up Honda C90 ), golden necklace, wedding ring, ... :tired:

donP

donP

Dec 14, 2008
I knew it.

Never forget,there are always,at LEAST,two sides to every story.
In the DR,it usually takes some time,if ever,for the whole/true story to come out.

I knew that someone would say that...... :bored:
{So, better not report cases like that??} :sleep:

You can eat your words with the police report (which I can send you via email if you so wish).

donP

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Nor own a laptop, cell phone, car, motorbicyle (other than a beat up Honda C90 ), golden necklace, wedding ring, ... :tired:

donP
All those are somewhat routine, depending on the extravagance. A cell today does not have nearly the worth that a cell did 6 years ago, nor does a laptop.

A Rolex is a sign of conspicuous consumption, especially among the poorer circles. That you should leave at home.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Chill" "don",I do not doubt the story,or that the guy was killed!
What I am saying is that "More Details" may sooner,or later comeforth.
Remember the "Frenchman" who was being robbed in SD?
He shot the thief dead in the street.
Remember him being sent to France for his "Crimes" there?
You have seen this all before.
I love reding your posts about what really is going on in "Paradise"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I agree with the Rolex comment but un paquete de Pampers ?!! Damn !

He was a tourist , it is becoming serious and scary since it is usually expats.

Feb 7, 2007
this is not the same DR 10-15 years ago, you really have to have your eyes pealed OPEN

Almost every night late at night/ early morning hours there is huge dog barking on the streets of the sector where I live and which is one of the more up-scale ones here. Also, sometimes warning gun shots are heard late into the night.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Rolex in DR

A cell today does not have nearly the worth that a cell did 6 years ago, nor does a laptop.
True.
Yet your life may even be considered cheaper.... :devious:
[People got murdered here for less.]

A Rolex is a sign of conspicuous consumption, especially among the poorer circles. That you should leave at home.
Well, the young couple obviously moved here (from St. Martin ?) to become permanent residents and were actually "at home" here.

But I agree, Rolex watches are a bit out of line here (in a country where time means so little anyway).

donP

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Rolex watches are a bit out of line here (in a country where time means so little anyway).

donP

I have a solid gold watch that I would never wear here. It doesn't matter if you are wearing a Timex, if seen on the wrist of an expat it would be seen as something of worth, so NOTHING is better....and I still watch my back....

B in Santiago

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
First . this was in Barbacoa which is NOT LT- well, it is not within walking distance of LT although they would shop there. There is absolutely no way to know what happened here since lots of folks up here in Dodge City have what one might call "dubious pasts" ... plus, of course, you can just be out in the country and vulnerable. Up here (and I now have an apartment in LT as well as SD,, YES!!) you MUST put your security above all else. Because of the foreign taste for it.. there appears to still be cocaine readily available in the Village. That means that anyone who is knowledgable can also make CRACK, And if you have CRACK addicts you have folks who have lost their minds and souls. You must live up here with SECURITY meaning bars and dogs and neighbors.

Barbacoa is remote

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
"Chill" "don",I do not doubt the story,or that the guy was killed!
What I am saying is that "More Details" may sooner,or later comeforth.
Remember the "Frenchman" who was being robbed in SD?
He shot the thief dead in the street.
Remember him being sent to France for his "Crimes" there?
You have seen this all before.
I love reding your posts about what really is going on in "Paradise"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

When faced with the obvious, he still conjurs up another Dominican conspiracy concerning the French "victim".

It now seems that the Dominican "authorities" are the winners.

1) They cunningly let an internationally sought criminal into their country.
2) They craftily gave him a gun permit in order to help police (which he did...).
3) Now they will kick him out (due legal procedure) and then feast on his property and money.

donP

donP

Dec 14, 2008
The Trend

First . this was in Barbacoa which is NOT LT
Well, legally Barbacoa belongs to Las Terrenas. The same goes for Cos?n, Los Puentes and other hamlets in the vicinity, but this is of no importance here.

However, in recent years there has been a trend that 'gringo residents' rather live outside the noisy, polluted and now lesser scenic town of Las Terrenas and thus in the places mentioned above.
[Cos?n for instance has become a 'gringo stronghold' and the RE prices reflect this.]

But as we know crime seems to follow the booty... :disappoin

donP

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I would love to see the Police report. I would like to know if the watches were recovered...I doubt that the chain will ever be recovered.

HB