Heroes of DR

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Dominican crew on Concordia praised
Foreign Relations Minister Carlos Morales Troncoso says that the Dominican ambassador in Italy, Vinicio Tobal, has told him that the Dominican crew members on board the Costa Concordia cruise ship were exemplary in providing help for passengers and were among the last to leave the ship.

The Minister said, "Vinicio Tobal told me that we should be proud of the Dominican crew members on board the Costa Concordia and give them the welcome they deserve as they behaved excellently in the circumstances."

The crew members were Jose Dario del Villar Vidal, Jose Antonio Lantigua and Martin del Rosario, named yesterday, and the Minister said that other crew members were Kelly Rubio Frometa, Ray Francisco, Pedro Francisco Parra and Richardson Perez Santiago. This brings the total of Dominicans on board to eleven, including four passengers.

Apart from Richardson Perez Santiago, who is in hospital with a slight fever, all are safe and well and are expected home possibly today. They come from Santo Domingo, Bonao, Puerto Plata and La Romana and have been working on the ship for between one and seven months in various customer service roles. Two managed to save their passports but they have all lost all their personal possessions and hope the cruise ship owners will compensate them.

I salute these guys!

Tripulantes dominicanos socorrieron a los viajeros - listindiario.com

dr1.com

TStroman3

Sep 11, 2011
I have to agree 100% with Hlywud. Good thing the crew chose not to follow his lead and just "trip and fall in to the life boat".