Computet to Cell Phone Texting.

bdablack

Jun 30, 2011
Does anyone know if there is a program that allows a person to send a text message to a phone in Dominican Rep. from a computer in a different country?

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I don't know if it works outside the D.R. but here is the link to send a text message to Claro cell phones.

Claro Text Message

There was a post fairly recent that list this and other carriers.
Try a search.

Apr 13, 2011
I have also used Skype to send a text to a cell phone in the DR. But it does cost a little bit because it is not Skype to Skype. I think it was $0.33 cents for a short text. I do not remember the exact amount, sorry.

Feb 7, 2007
localphone.com, anveo.com etc allow you to send text messages for a small charge to any cell number in the world. Anveo also supports two-way messaging and you get an sms reply via email or can see it in online interface.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
you can text from a computer to cell phone via Yahoo IM ... but I don't know if it works internationally. an interesting experiment.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
It does. I text my daughter from Yahoo IM, and she replies. I am in the DR and she is in the US.

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
I don't know if it works outside the D.R. but here is the link to send a text message to Claro cell phones.

Claro Text Message

There was a post fairly recent that list this and other carriers.
Try a search.

You are the man! I was wondering if this was available!

Hmmm I wonder if I have to use my DR # as the sender for this to work?

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
You are the man! I was wondering if this was available!

Hmmm I wonder if I have to use my DR # as the sender for this to work?

It does not ask for 'your' number, it asks for a name.

If the person you text responds, it goes to your 'Internet" session, it has a respond time of about 2 minutes, else you will not get their response.

Don