Caribe Tours Prices

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
What are the current prices for Caribe Tours Santo Domingo - Santiago, Santo Domingo - Puerto Plata and Santo Domingo - Sosua?

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
The reason I am asking is that I tried to call the number given on the website to confirm the prices but nobody answers...

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Thanks for the link! Are the prices up to date? Sounds very cheap.

You think that is cheap because you are a rich gringo. The large majority of the passengers are Dominicans and that is not cheap for them. Those tickets are expensive.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
You think that is cheap because you are a rich gringo. The large majority of the passengers are Dominicans and that is not cheap for them. Those tickets are expensive.
Thanks Ken for the good laugh!!! Now that comment sounds like coming from a real Dominican, not even Chip could beat that...
BTW, finally somebody picked up the phone and I was able to confirm the prices. Thanks to everybody.

szkandi

Nov 9, 2011
I'd like to ask about one thing...

I'd like to visit Las Galeras (via Samana) by CaribeTours, I know, that there is no direct bus between Samana and Las Americas Airport (SDQ). Anyway, I don't want to travel from airport to SD.

Do you think, there will be a free seat in the bus on the entrance to the new highway north to the Samana Peninsula? I hope... but I want to be sure.

Thank you.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
I'd like to ask about one thing...

I'd like to visit Las Galeras (via Samana) by CaribeTours, I know, that there is no direct bus between Samana and Las Americas Airport (SDQ). Anyway, I don't want to travel from airport to SD.

Do you think, there will be a free seat in the bus on the entrance to the new highway north to the Samana Peninsula? I hope... but I want to be sure.

Thank you.

Make your reservation online; call them from SDQ (ask the cabbie for minutes on his phone) to tell them you are coming and save a seat. Then take the cab to the entrance to the Toll Road where they have a stop.

szkandi

Nov 9, 2011
I see, ok. I will do it.

btw. I cannot find any button for pay :) There is no deposit before?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Thanks Ken for the good laugh!!! Now that comment sounds like coming from a real Dominican, not even Chip could beat that...
BTW, finally somebody picked up the phone and I was able to confirm the prices. Thanks to everybody.

It was not meant to be funny.

Feb 7, 2007
I see, ok. I will do it.

btw. I cannot find any button for pay :) There is no deposit before?

You cannot prepay and you cannot pay on the bus. You have to get an official ticket from Caribe Tours. I don't know if they have any booth near SDQ, if not, you have to get downtown to purchase the ticket.

szkandi

Nov 9, 2011
Oh ! Really? I cannot pay directly in the bus? That's bad... that's bad :( I didn't know it.

Does anybody know if there is an office on the airport SD Las Americas (SDQ) ?

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Oh ! Really? I cannot pay directly in the bus? That's bad... that's bad :( I didn't know it.

Does anybody know if there is an office on the airport SD Las Americas (SDQ) ?

At the entrance to the toll road there is what looks like an old bus and there is a Caribe Tours office. Buy the ticket there. This is not difficult. You do not need to go into SD. Tell the driver: lleveame a la entrada de carreterra nueva a Samana.