New bar in Sosua

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Tomorrow night is the inaugural opening. It's called "Meeting Point" and the idea is a tranquil place where you can meet up and have a chat with friends without being bothered by girls or loud music.

It used to be called the Campo bar. It's right next door to CMP (Caribbean Men's Paradise) so if you want to be bothered by girls, just go next door!

They also serve food. A kind of bitings / tapas theme, and the prawns are excellent! They've got a great chef in the kitchen who is very creative. If it's not on the menu and they have the ingredients, they can knock up whatever you want. I'm sure the management would be open to suggestions too!

I've been there for their soft opening and I think they've got it right. I like it!

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Sorry Bezza, Clicked to quickly on the mouse - ended up with a like & a dislike. Will definitely give it a try as, because we are in The Majestic Apartments, it's "up our end" as we say in Blackburn; so a lot nearer than the rest of the strip.
Cheers for the info.
Tropical Regards
Ian & Ellie
anpalmisl.gif

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Do you really mean 'knock up' whatever you want. That has a very different meaning in my country!

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
They also serve food. A kind of bitings / tapas theme, and the prawns are excellent! They've got a great chef in the kitchen who is very creative. If it's not on the menu and they have the ingredients, they can knock up whatever you want. I'm sure the management would be open to suggestions too!

I've been there for their soft opening and I think they've got it right. I like it!
Who is the chef? I know there are several excellent ones poking around looking for work these days. Curious minds would like to know if one of the really good ones landed there (Lord, I hope).

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
it wont make it, no women not much business 3 months tops

Only time will tell. Nikki Beach in Cabarete lasted much longer than I ever expected.
I wish the new owners success in their niche market in Sosua. Going against The Flow so to speak.

May 29, 2006
You get two types of people who talk trash about new businesses. Those who say it will never work and those who say they thought of it first.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
From what I hear, from a person that works for the owner in another location....its gonna be a nudie bar.....well in their words there will be "mujer desnude" so we will see if it works.....probably will