business hotels in Puerto Plata?

oyebien

Jan 19, 2010
I am bringing a small group of people down for a hearing aid mission trip the first week of March. Can't seem to find any hotels that aren't all inclusive resorts. We don't need anything fancy, just clean, reasonably priced and within walking distance of some good Dominican restaurants. Any thoughts?
Thanks.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
there is a hotel right on malecon, I think it caters to mostly Dominicans - can't recall the name but surely someone here knows it. It's a bunch of 2 or 3 story buildings, rooms are reasonably priced, and there is a large swimming pool on the property.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Another possibility is Portofino Guest House at the end of the Malec?n or Hotel Sunshine on the Carretera between Puerto Plata and Sos?a.

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
there is a hotel right on malecon, I think it caters to mostly Dominicans - can't recall the name but surely someone here knows it. It's a bunch of 2 or 3 story buildings, rooms are reasonably priced, and there is a large swimming pool on the property.
Lomar Aparthotel. 5 minutes walk to La Sirena superstore.

I think the main hotel for Dominican travelling salesmen is Mountain View, which is nearer the town centre.

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
Hotel Sunshine on the Carretera between Puerto Plata and Sos?a.
Yes, that's a possible option but you make it sound somewhat "out of town". In fact it is on Manolo T Justo a few minutes walk from Jose Luis supermercado and a 10-minute motoconcho ride to the town square.