kitesurfing

N

nicotet

hello can somebody give me some info about the places to go kite surfing, and maybe give me some names of the places to be?
And maybe you already been kite surfing, please react, could be fun to get a nice kite winter season for me becaus i'm dutch.

fly high:)

M

martin

I was just looking at 3 guys kitesurfing this afternoon in Luperon, on the north-coast of DR... That's a great spot for winsurf and kitesurf, always good wind, and most of the time beautiful girls in bikini too...

M

Marc

www.hispaniola.com

you definitely want to be in Cabarete. The world competitions were just held there last week, and the world comps in windsurfing will be held there starting next week (ish)

marc

C

christy

Cabarete is the place to be!

5 minutes from the Cabarete Bay where the Windfsurfing action takes place, there is a spot known locally as "kite beach" on the Punta Goletta. There are many schools here to learn the sport: Wipika, Flyinghigh, Kitexite and Mistral. People are friendly and stick around for a long time. If you do some investigating you will surely find a realitivly inexpensive place to stay and avoid the whole dutch winter! There is even a custom kite board builder here so don't bother buying one to bring with you, wait until you get here. And by the way, if you want to catch coverage of the World Kiteboarding Championships that just finished in Cabarete, Eurosport will be showing it on June 19th and 20th.

S

Sean

Nicotet,
There is a dutch kitesurfer in Cabarete named Stanley Abels (sp?). I believe that he works at Velo surf school. He may still be in Cabarete. He is a very good instructor, and a nice person.