Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

most people have their own opinions about the following:

PRD: 2003 Pan American Games
    PRD: TSS (or whatever the social security thing is now called)

i believe it is widely accepted that in hipolito's first two years he did a lot to help growth in agricultural and rural sectors.
    of course, any good was all fecked up when baninter went down the drain.

can't say i agree that metros, flyovers, tunnels and such-like make the PRD look "pathetic", but we are all entitled to our opinions i suppose.

2. Likes Eddy liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I can post the photos of the burro's mansion and greenhouses in Jarabacoa.

4. Likes Frank the Tank liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    I can post the photos of the burro's mansion and greenhouses in Jarabacoa.
    Please do.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

A more "Telling" number would be which party has stolen the most money from their "Projects".
    But that might be hard to verify.
    I vote for the "PRD".
    The more expensive the construction project,the more "Comisiones" they generate.
    CC

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post
    A more "Telling" number would be which party has stolen the most money from their "Projects".
    But that might be hard to verify.
    I vote for the "PRD".
    The more expensive the construction project,the more "Comisiones" they generate.
    CC
    Problem with that analysis is...China has lots of corruption too. Doesn't seem to bring them down... One side of the coin says - corruption is bad. The other side says, fine let them steal their 10-15% so long as things are getting done... it's a tough call.

The dominicans don't seem to be content stealing just 10%. Also, the 25-30% that they do steal seems to be the most crucial part, so that the project is falling apart in 2-3 years.

Looking at some of these elevados that exist now on kennedy - great, they're done, nice work boys. But now what? It's been under 2 years for some of them, and after it rains you can see that they're not 'draining' properly. How long will it before the cracks and holes to pop up?

And what do you think is the state of the 'maintenance' budget?

Insert punch line here.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

PRD Dancing Fountains Malecon esq Maximo Gomez In front of the Caribbean Sea. The opening night the water reached John F. kennedy Ave. Still closed from that night.

PRD The only country in the world that change hour twice in a week. It was dark at 4pm

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johnny View Post
    PRD Dancing Fountains Malecon esq Maximo Gomez In front of the Caribbean Sea. The opening night the water reached John F. kennedy Ave. Still closed from that night.

PRD The only country in the world that change hour twice in a week. It was dark at 4pm
    I remember them well. The fountain was ridiculous!!!

PRD: Can anyone think of anymore, actually completed projects?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's the full list of everything (infrastructure wise) that was done during Hippo's government. Just go to this link RAFAEL HIPOLITO MEJIA DOMINGUEZ and click on "Obras" and also on "Obras de Instituciones Gub.". Nothing grandiose I don't think, but that's OK in my book. I would rather see them spend 700 million USD in fixing up schools, roads, hospitals, etc...all over the country than 700 million USD building a few of miles of Metro.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johnny View Post

the fountain was PRSC. ask Corporan. it was dedicated to Balaguer.
    there was no way PRD was going to continue maintain this.
    In fact the Mayor of Santo Domingo who created the original and best "Plaza Guibia" on the Malecon was PRD, JF Pena Gomez.
    every other mayor after that has decided to try and mark his own stamp on the Malecon changing anything and/or everything to make it the disaster it is. Mayors got rich though. (JV obviously got rich other ways, but he doesn't really count as he was kind of thrown into the job).

The hour change was an experiment. it didn't work. the government made the sensible decision at the time and reversed the change.

A lot of these PLD "projects" are finished products, but at what cost? usually millions more than the 'real' amount.
    Are you fooled that easily?

Of course the PRD are corrupt, but at least they are more open about it and let everyone get a chance to take a piece of the pie.
    PLD keep the pie to themselves and tell us there isn't any.

12. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12