Power outage for the weekend???

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
My maid told me that she heard on the News that there will be a nation wide power outage this coming weekend. Sounds crazy to me. Has anyone else heard about this?

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
I found an article on the home page here about this. It describes black outs, not outages for the whole weekend.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Off here for 14 hours straight yesterday from 1 am until 3 pm then off again at 4.45 pm until 10.40 pm (that was scheduled outage for this circuit though!)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
From yesterday's DR1 news:

CDEEE announces reduction of energy
The Public Electricity Corporation (CDEEE) is informing users that they will experience more blackouts than usual between January 27 and 31. The explanation is that reduced power will be supplied to the grid while the AES natural gas units are removed from service for scheduled maintenance work. This will affect Los Mina V and VI as well as the facility at Andres that is also undergoing maintenance procedures while still in production.
CDEEE executive vice president Celso Marranzini said that as a way of offsetting the 550MW reduction in power supplies over this holiday weekend, the National Association of Non-Regulated Clients, CEMEX, and Falconbridge is promising to reduce their demand for electricity over the same period. The CDEEE will source energy from the San Pedro Electric Company (CESPM, the former Cogentrix), the San Felipe generator, Monte Rio and Palamara, La Vega, to offset the reduction from AES.
Marranzini said that AES is investing US$8 million in the maintenance program that will increase the terminal's storage capacity, its natural gas generation capacity and will complete projects that will allow the sector to meet demand. He said that the work would allow the 100MW Seaboard barge to go on-line shortly, as well as the 100MW Aggreko generation plant, whose contract is in the final stages of preparation.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
EVERYONE MUST read the DR1 News EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is NO EXCUSE for not knowing what is going on in the DR!
If you can read "Spanish", many daily DR newspapers publish internet issues.
My favorite is "Diario Libre"
CC