How long can I stay?

S

Sunny

I'm from Norway, and I'm planning to come to the D.R
in the end of august and stay out the year.
My question is:How long can I stay in the country without
any visa? Can I stay three months without nothing?
Thanks in advance,
Sunny

M

Mizzy Lee

Hi Sunny,

you are allowed to stay up to 90 days with the simple tourist visa (10 US $) which you can buy without any problems when arriving in the RD (airport).
Regards,
Mizzy

S

Sunny

Thanks, so after 90 days I can just take a trip out of the country and back again?!?

E

ECH, M.D.

Fine for each day over the limit and they take a dim view of the proceedings.

E

ECH, M.D.

you can try to get it extended but it is faster and much less problem just to visit another place and return with a new tourist card....Lots of islands around including PR, US Virgins and British Virgins to mention a few.

M

Miamiman

I was under the impression that you could go to the immigration office at the airport and get a 90 day extension and after that you need to leave the country is that not correct?

C

canadianjoe

Realistically, you can stay as long as you want --no need to leave the country. I don't know about your emabassy but in puerto plata you can go to the canadian consulate and obtain the rates which the dominican gov't charges for people who stay more than 90 days----to the best of my knowledge it was about 10pesos a month and is simply payable at the airport when you leave--I've done it lots of times---no big deal

B

Burmell

I don't know if things have changed, but 10 years ago we went and stayed for 10 months and the fine wasn't but about $15. While there I heard of a person who had stayed 10 years on a tourest card.